Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 05:55PM

There are lots of church's that let their members pay their donations using their credit cards. I think it is nice for TSCC to also offer this. I have a problem with TSCC withdrawing tithing and other funds each week straight from your checking account.

The main question I have is is this - who is the credit card rep TSCC is dealing with and who(m) is he/she related to. That person has just become a multi millionaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CloseQuote ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 05:59PM

Can you provide a source for this claim?

Posted by: startedthinking ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 06:18PM

Just for the heck of it I googled pay tithing by credit card and this app came up... Really???

"Full Tithe is more than just a Mormon tithing calculator! It is a way to keep track of all of your LDS donations year-round."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phasebit.fulltithe&hl=en

There is a NY Times article on tithing by credit card that a church spokesman says "“Credit cards are not permitted, as the associated transaction fees are prohibitive,”. Yep, won't do credit cards because we will have to pay!

Posted by: anon90 ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:12PM

"“Credit cards are not permitted, as the associated transaction fees are prohibitive,”

Prehibitive to what? Credit cards are prohibitive for Costco because their margins are so tight. What makes it prohibitive when you are collecting money and not providing a product or service for that payment? It's 100% profit, and a 3% transaction fee is prohibitive?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:44PM

For me N E V E R T O H A P P E N!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.