Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lenina ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 07:22PM

FAIR wiki seems biased to protect Joe's reputation, so I turned to wikipedia.org to figure out of all the women J slept with, what offspring did he have?

According to wikipedia, there were some stillborns, some infant mortalities, a daughter who survived but never married nor had children, a couple of sons who spun off FLDS or RLDS churches (perhaps these sons had progeny and the line lives on somewhere?). And a possible daughter Josephine, though offspring from her were not mentioned.

Just curious. Because anyone named "Smith" in the church makes me curious if they could be a descendent of Joe...although I'm aware that Smith is a ridiculously common name, not just in the church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 07:24PM

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:47PM

I don't know if you are asking about the children he had with Emma or the children with other wives.

He definitely had children with Emma. Joesph Smith III is the most notable since He eventually becomes the head of the RLDS.

Steve gives a lot of good info about JS jr. likely having children with his other wives. I personally am unsure. I don't think the evidence is good enough.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 09:07PM

Yeah, the male line carried on the succession of prophets in the RLDS Church.

Posted by: nevermoaz ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:19AM

Oh yes. I personally boinked his great-great-great grandson, from his son Alexander. It's not exactly bragging, but I marvel at the hypocrisy of it all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.