Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rambo ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 05:16PM

I really don’t understand some Exmormons attitudes when it comes to changing the Mormon church or trying to expose the truth about the Mormon church. A lot of Exmormons say they don’t understand why you would want to change something that is full of shit anyways. The point is we all have family and friends stuck in this cult and if we can’t get them out, then the best we can do is to try and change it for them. Having a bad attitude about it does not help the cause and does not get us motivated.

Some Exmormons say that their family and friends seem happy in the cult. News flash! They are suppose to act happy and be an example to you so that you will join the cult again. I actually really hated being in the cult for all those years but I didn’t know there was a way out because no one told me about the real history or doctrinal issues.

The Mormon church is known to change under social pressure. Just look what has happened recently. Women can now pray at General Conference and more women feel free to wear pants to church. Also in the past the Mormon church changed is practice on polygamy and with blacks receiving the priesthood.

It is our job as Exmormons to help our family and friends out and expose the truth. The Mormon church is racist, homophobic, sexist, and a dangerous cult that needs to be stopped!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 06:46PM

Agreed. I'd rather see the church burn to the ground, but in the mean time I'd actually like to help improve the lives of my loved ones trapped within it.

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 06:49PM

I guess I'm still a little caught up in this fantasy that I have some sort of higher calling in life. I feel that one of my callings is to expose all the lies and abuse in the LDS church. Even if I just get one person to become an ex-mormon, I will be happy. So far I haven't deconverted anyone, but I'm working on it.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 10:35PM

I take the position that religious belief is a personal right and a choice that is not about me, it's about them.
I will continue to respect and honor everyone's right to their religious choices.

I also know what is within my power and what is not.
And what is my business and what is not.

I want long lasting relationships! At least, to the end of my life. With what years I have left, I leave personal choice about religion alone.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 02:05AM

I wonder if you say this because you're older. I personally feel like religiousness especially from Muslims is pretty scary and not good for humanity.

If we are made to feel like we have to be quite, I feel like we will lose. Humanity will lose. I don't think anything will happen in the near future, but my kids are little and I'm fairly young. I can envision a future that might not be as nice if we aren't allowed to freely speak.

I might hate the LDS church, but Muslims are terrifying to me. we should be able to call people out on specific ideologies, we should be able to call a religion out when people are doing evil things in it's name, we should be able ask for change without worrying about offending religious people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 02:06AM by David Jason.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 10:40PM

If it will save the life of a gay boy or girl or someone who masturbates, if it will help a woman who is depressed because her church demands perfection and her husband demands sex without birth control, I say yes. Expose and change the Mormon "Church". Force them to behave like a real church and not a cult.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 10:59PM

There are a few times I will take action. If I have an opportunity to share info, support, give help, report a crime, etc. in a specific circumstance I'll do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 10:59PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:09AM

Saying that religion is a personal choice isn't fair. Religions are organizations that have centuries of experience at deceiving individuals. Innocent children stand no chance against them.

All I ask is that religions are held to the same same standards as commercial organizations. They should not be allowed to engage in false or misleading conduct. Let people make up their own minds based on the truth. Stop financing religions using tax payer's funds through tax exemption. Fine them if they convey a message to the public that is false. Stop the mis-information so that people can make informed decisions.

TBM's know that if converts knew everything about TSCC up front they would never have joined. That is why the "milk before meat" and "don't cast your pearls before swine" principles are so important. In a fully informed environment TSCC would be one of the first religions to disappear.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:31PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.