Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: idiotsrule ( )
Date: September 13, 2012 12:38PM

I started coming to this website a few months ago, a co-worker told me about joseph smith and his wives, wives? I'm over 40, BIC, served a mission, told people about this "honorable" man who restored Christs "true" church, defended him, knew he was only married to Emma, then I find out about polyandry? I knew I was immediately finished, I couldn't believe what I was finding out, so much of what I thought was real and true just turned out to be a hoax, I was so frustrated that the truth about the church had been kept from me, to "protect" my testimony and to keep me in line, so much time and energy wasted on nothing. But now I'm free!!! At least I have the second half of my life to live how I want and no one to answer to but myself...and my wife!!! I'm over the anger, feeling free and happy to know there is a whole new world out there to see and enjoy. My DW and kids are also happy to be done, no more church on Sundays!!!! We go to the park instead and feel so much love and happiness together, nothing in church ever came close to feeling like this, plus the 10 percent raise was a bonus we're going to use to plan a family trip for our first year celebration, plus we get to give more money to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, our favorite charity!!! Life is so much more awesome now that the chains of mormonism are off, I thought we were doing what God and Jesus(Same Person?who knows?) wanted us to do my whole life, now I know for a surety that they(he) are happy that I'm happy and living my own life, not one JS planned out while he was diddling all those poor women.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.