Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: melaniexmo ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 10:11PM

I was raised in the Mormon church. I was brainwashed to believe that anybody who was gay, drank alcohol, went to parties, KISSED let alone had sex before they were married, or generally did not hold up a "Mormon attitude" was a lost soul who was living a life of sin and wouldn't have eternal life.

Yet at the same time they were preaching to love one another and that no one but God can judge a man's decision, and that technically everyone would have eternal life, it's just that the "bad" seeds would go to Hell and the ones who were decent people but weren't part of the church wouldn't be allowed in the "best level of Heaven."

We were taught to do everything with God in mind, 24/7/365. It was exhausting. Thank lard, I've opened my eyes. This church is disgusting and it breeds greedy and judgmental people.

Now there are a few Mormons that I love; my parents (mostly my mom, my dad is kind of a jerk but I still love him), my siblings, my cousins, and my aunt. The list ends there. I hate their religion, yes, but I love them as people. I wish something would just click in their heads and they'd realize that they were wasting their time with this cult.

The thing I hate most about Mormonism is that once it becomes a part of your life, your life is no longer your own. You belong to the church and to God and to his commandments and if you screw up then you have to come back crawling on your knees begging for forgiveness. That doesn't sound like love to me, despite the fact that the Mormons believe God loves everyone.

Personally, I don't believe in God at all. I DO believe in Heaven (not too sure about Hell), but I don't think there are superior beings ruling the Kingdoms up there (and down there.)

Being in the church resulted in depression for me. I'm so glad I "fell away from the church", as the Mormons say, (man oh man do I hate that saying) because I'm on my way to being happier than ever. I'm excited that I have a big huge life ahead of me that I can do whatever *I* want with. I can have sex if I want, I can drink occasionally if I want, I don't have to get married at like 18 years old, I don't have to have a million babies, I can just live my life as I want to, which is what I believe life is here for in the first place. To do what you want and not listen to the moronic "teachings" of other people.

Now the hard part is just telling my parents that I think their religion sucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2013 10:16PM by melaniexmo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.