Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freebird ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 07:37AM

I was raised in a very open minded family. We went to several churches. Lutheran, Baptist, Non-Denominational, Pentecostal, and I went to a private baptist school for a year. But my parents were never hard core, go to church on Sunday, type of people. When I was in college I took several religious courses that really opened my eyes as well.

Met DH when I was 22. He was not religious and made no mention of his family being TBM. He told me later and I didn't care. They didn't push it EVER, they were very kind and they accepted me. We had our son, then got married and THEN DH decided our son needed religion. I was cool with it. He wanted him to be taught Mormonism and I said ok as long as he was taught other religions too...

So I stupidly and naively took the lessons, didn't do much research as my in laws were TBM and they wouldn't hide things or lie to me! So Oct 2007 I was baptized. I felt extremely uncomfortable. I attended off and on 2 years, but never went to the temple because I didn't tithe and I drank coffee...

No one ever spoke about kolob, gods, God being a man once, God being Adam, me becoming a god with my own planet...not a whisper of this was even hinted to me! My dear mother told me the planet thing, but I told her that was a lie and anti-Mormon propaganda. Oh my naïveté.

I decided about 4 years ago that I hated church. I hated the people, the fakeness, the disingenuous manner of VT who obviously consider coming to your home a chore. I hated how it was ok to drink hot chocolate which is hot and technically has caffeine (chocolate has caffeine), but god forbid you drink coffee, or tea. I hated the snubbing, the hypocrisy, the elite attitude. And I hated how no one made mistakes. Baptized at 8, YW/YM, seminary, go to college, then leave and take a 2 year mission where of course you're sent to a foreign country and receive language immersion and consequently become bi-lingual, go home, finish college, marry perfect TBM girl, have perfect kids...My life was not that way, I didn't fit in.

Fast forward to this year, 2013. I decided to research the planet thing my mom told me, just for kicks and lo and behold she was right! I couldn't believe what I was reading! I asked DH, but he never has been to the temple so he said it was lies. He said in his 25 years attending church he'd NEVER heard about kolob, becoming gods etc...

That's when I knew how devious, deceitful and false TSCC was. That DH could attend faithfully all those years and not know said it all. It's truly a MLM scheme. The outer layer is kept unaware and stupid, so they can fund the inner core. If you do get to the temple the power of peer pressure keeps you in line. Plus at that point you probably don't want to admit you've been had.

The worst part for me was that I had no one to ask the truth. You're not allowed to speak of the temple ceremonies and you're discouraged from reading anything online. So when you do ask you are admonished and told it's secret!

Anyway I'm out. My son will not be baptized and I hope to eventually lead DH completely out, without DH holding any guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.