Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 12:29AM

The problem with Mormonism is even after giving everything it still is never enough. This is the sign of a true cult. Such greed, such avarice as to never be satisfied - even a $100 Billion with no clue except to spend it when Jesus comes - there is never enough.

I am a convert to the Church and followed all the teachings for the right reasons and studied the gospel as one should, etc.

Finally after many years, I have been shocked into the truth. The church does not care about its people and the leaders from bishops to stake, mission and temple presidents including apostles which I have had a chance to meet and talk with one on one are not honest, at least those I have met. I have tried to brush it off as a test of faith or some other reason but after so many instances of this I can find no other explanation except it all being a man made creation. I finally had to admit it to myself.

They had me convinced I could only read church resources in order to avoid the subtlety of satan's power which I obeyed but what actually started to open my eyes was the parts missing in the timeline from the President of the Church Gospel Doctrine manuals. I had been lied to about Joseph Smith's wives after joining which probably would have made me quit right then but it was Brigham Young being listed as only having one wife that got me. I knew that couldn't be true, there was even a house of beehives in SLC that told me it wasn't true, but then why would they leave it out? Were these women as unimportant as cattle (BY's words)?

It was obvious to me that it had been done for faith promoting purposes and I thought if they could leave this out, what else could they leave out? I prayed to know what was true and felt like God has shown me line by line how this church which sounded like the most correct at first is an evil corporation taking the dreams, the faith, money and life spent under its servitude while giving nothing back in the end. It requires a mormon who is quick to observe as Mormon chapter 1:2 says and not just one that is willing to nervously laugh at every conference joke in order to pretend everything is fine.

The concepts I liked about the church are just like so many of their hymns, all are copied from other churches. The real kicker for me was discovering the authority is clearly not there nor has it ever been which makes the whole things a fool's errand when you try to apply the "but there still are good things about ..." argument. If I wanted a church to feel good about and have no divine authority I could go to Joel Osteen's church.

Interestingly enough Joel Osteen actually did try to do a few joint things with the Mormon Church, presumably to refine his own scam before expanding it. I imagine there will be many mormons who will not like the surprise they find after this life.

The truth is really as plain as the temple pledge which asks mormons to give everything to the CHURCH not Christ and lets them fill in the details of how it relates to God. But it must have said you give to... but ... sorry mormons listen to the words coming out of your own mouth. That is what I had to do.

Start seeing what the Lord is actually revealing. These are indeed the last days and he is revealing a lot about the churches and the world. God did not give us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7) I now understand that scripture better and it was for a reason he gave us those things - to use them. Time to turn the autopilot off with being told what to do and start actually having faith and an authentic life. I know we can all do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.