Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dobroplayer ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 01:09PM

My wife and I joined the LDS church in 2009. At first it seemed like it was just basically a big extended family looking to help each other thru life both spiritually and physically. At every opportunity someone was always asking if there was anything they could do to help us, just let them know(more on that later). I was quickly called as a FHC consultant and also to Scoutmaster, as I had previously been a Scoutmaster for around 15 years before joining the church. I was quickly shown that the "scouting" progran had absolutely nothing to do with the values and goals of the scouting program. We basically gave away all the hard work and learning the boys are supposed to do as scouts. It got to the point, I asked to be released. I was then called to the position of Stake IT Technology person. Serving in that position for nearly 3 years, every church guideline associated with the use of technology was met with at times....attitudes much less fitting of supposed people of God! Honestly, after a while I started returning the attitude. I had made many emails to my Stake president and all fell upon deaf ears and I was totally ignored and told bt the Stake clerk, that I would just have to learn to like this sort of treatment. He was seriously wrong with that statement! That was the straw that broke the camels back. Being in a position to see where my tithing money was seriously being abused for the gains of others, no help or support from the leadership it was time to cut our losses. I had spent about $1000 of my own money for the equipment to correctly correct and maintain my 7 buildings computer systems. I went in and talked to one of the few leadership that I now even wqish to speak with, gave him all my building keys and told him goodbye. I never even got as much as a were sorry from the Stake president! This has left me with some really hard feelings.. towards religon in general... I hope time heals the wounds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.