Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: longhornpaul ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 12:54AM

New to this board but wanted to tell you a bit about our story. My wife of 17 years was a lifelong member and has a very devout family. I was baptized into the church at age 22. Went to BYU, where I met my wife in SLC and we were eventually sealed in the Manti, Utah temple. I thought BYU was actually going to make me a stronger member, but it did the opposite. I sat in my religion classes and thought to myself, "Am I the only one who thinks this is a bunch of garbage?" I had questions, but frankly, the professors made it more confusing and just not believable.

My wife at the time was a devout member and I went along with it because I loved (love) her. We now have 3 children who were raised in the church. I sat through 3 hours of church most of my marriage and wanted to run out of the building so many times. I was angry to say the least every Sunday (and just about every day it seems like) seeing my hard earned money go to an organization I didn't believe in, seeing my kids become indoctrinated, seeing my wife being blinded by Mormon propaganda, seeing the backstabbing and gossip by so called "Saints", seeing my wife in downward spirals because her callings were stressing her out, seeing my kids ridiculed because maybe they were not perfect, seeing the flat out lies and mind control that was happening before me and feeling helpless that I couldn't do anything about it, and finally seeing my marriage end almost 3 or 4 times because of church differences that we had. I endured 17 years of this because I didn't want to lose my family. Sad to think how a religion can break up families.

I do believe in a God and about 2 months ago when I felt I just couldn't do this anymore no matter what the cost, I got down on my knees crying like a baby and asking, (begging more like it) that if there is a God, please help me out with this situation. Please help my wife and if the Mormon church is true please let me know now before it's to late.

Well, for those that believe in some form of divine intervention, it occurred shortly after. My wife was starting to have doubts about the church I came to find out months prior, my wife's Church "friends" were not really friends at all come to find out, my wife met a wonderful women (now they call themselves sisters) who opened her eyes about true Christianity and that she didn't need this so called Mormon plan of salvation to feel fulfilled and loved. So many things have come into our lives these last weeks I won't get into it, but it's been all good.

My daughter has had the most difficult time transitioning but after we've read to her the actual TRUTH about the LDS church and it's foundation, she is now understanding that it's a big lie. My 2 boys 16 and 9 were just fine with it and my 16 year old is so happy. No mission talk, not having to marry a Mormon girl, discovering life and his inner happiness on his own. My 9 year old couldn't care less. He hated church to begin with.

Freedom, truth, discovery, happiness. That's what we feel now. It is sad to think my wife and I have wasted so many good years together because of this Dark Mormon Cloud that hovered over us. But now all we do is look forward with the realization that we don't need the Mormon church to feel love and to dictate our spiritual selves. I am a new man and my wife is a new women. She feels like she can be herself again. Like I told her, that was the women I missed for all these years but now she is finally back. And now, we are finally back as a TRUE FAMILY and looking to a bright and wonderful future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.