Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jl1718 ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 03:45AM

I was raised in the church, I am now 22 years old, and have not been active in the church since I was about 18. I never questioned the church until of course I began questioning my sexuality. It dawned upon me that I was gay, and unfortunately this was the kicker I needed in order to realize the church was in fact a lie. I began to study church history, and learned the things the church does not tell you. All of the typical stuff in regard to leaving the church. I am happy to extent being out of the church. Although I cannot get away from it, my huge family is aggressively Mormon, and while they are kind at face value, they are just truly a bunch of judgmental pricks. Bigotry laced with a smile is still bigotry. I grew up in Rexburg Idaho, and I cannot even add people to my Facebook account who I knew because it makes me sick to my stomach. Those perfect Mormons getting married and living so called perfect lives. It disgusts me how their ability to think for themselves has been put into remission. Am I happy? Yes to an extent, but I am also damaged, and have to constantly deal with my Mormons pears, because unfortunately they are my family and the majority of my friends. I guess I have created a little bit of hell for myself, but I could not simply live on being a Mormon knowing it is a load of shit. It would be morally wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.