Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freedomrose ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 03:20PM

I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints in the early 1990's. The Elders came to my home where I received the teachings, then the words families can be together forever, I prayed about what they were teaching and the beautiful picture that they had painted I felt strongly that the church was true. When the Elders visited the next time I agreed to be baptised.
I went to see my pastor at the church where I had attended and said that I was leaving to join the LDS church and he encouraged me not to be Baptised but said that if that is what I really wanted he couldn't stop me, we prayed together then I left. Friends from my church tried to stop me from being Baptised and I shared this with the Elders, they quickly closed ranks around me and the next thing I knew they were taking me to see the mission President.
I was envited into the mission Presidents Office the Elders waited outside, he said that I would be Baptised on the Sunday which was 3 days away and he would be attending to Confirm me, to which he did.
A couple of weeks later I was called as a Stake missionary,
several people were Baptised and my work continued encouraging members to return to the church.
My marriage had broken down and some how they found my former husband when the Elders came to me to say they were Baptising him and asked I should attend the Baptisim, this is the first time I felt the fear of the Church. I spoke with my former husband and said why are you being Baptised you have never had and interest in any church or the Bible, he said the Elders said that if he was Baptised I would marry him again.
I questioned the Elders about this they turned their backs on me, I spoke with Bishop and explained an injunction had be taken out against my former husband, Bishop said I must be present at the Baptisim, I felt fear and very alone
On the day of the Baptisim, I went down on my knees and prayed for peace and strength to keep my integrity by attending the Baptisim. The Elders called me turned up at my home to make sure I would attend to which I did but I sat at the back of the Chapel on my own. After my former husband was Baptised he never came to church again.
I continued with my callings, reading the Book of Mormon and prayer, I came to a point where I was struggling so I asked to see Bishop, at this meeting he said that I should begin preparations to enter the Temple, I stayed silent.
I prayed about this and shared with some sisters in the chruch I didn't feel the need to go to the Temple, the next thing I knew I was in a room sat on a chair with the priesthood praying over me, as soon as I left the room I felt strongly the words they availed over me were not of God.
Around 6 months later after searching the scriptures for answers and prayer I wrote a letter to Bishop asking to be released from the church.
I left about 15 years ago, my experince being a member of the LDS church saddens me, 3 years ago I felt so much joy when I was told the Bishop of LDS knew me and wanted to see me as he served part of his mission at the chapel that I had attened.
Bishop came to my home with the Elders, before leaving we all went down on our knees and prayed together Bishop prayed for love and peace in my home. After they left the sadness set in, I had received the full understanding that I had made the right choice to leave the LDS church.
I thank the church for the teachings of the word of wisdom, staying chaste outside of marriage and certain values to live life with integrity.
I would just like to say I forgive the Elders for the false teachings they brought to me, I forgive all those who caused me pain in the church, it hurts more today that the teachings you brought to me especially families can be together forever, that by the LDS teachings you may not meet with some of your family in your Celestial kingdom. I met many special people over the years in the LDS church and you are in my Prayers.
Scince I left the Church I have worked hard, raised my children on my own they have grown into fine, law abiding, hard working Adults, they are happy and have freedom of choice, I love them with all my heart and to all parents I could never turn my back on my children or my family and no church could ever tell me otherwise.
What I miss most is praying with like minded people who I feel will understand what I mean when I say freedom of unconditional, unjudgemental fellowship with Jesus Christ central of our life.
I have been reading the testomonys why I left the church and the challenges you are facing, I understand the courage it has taken you to share, I lost many of my friends when I joined the LDS Church, I lost everyone when I left the LDS church, forgiveness and having Jesus christ central in your life will heal the hurt and pain you are feeling, I wish to thank you all for what you have shared as for the first time is 15 years I no longer feel alone. You are all in my Prayers. Have courage, stay strong, forgiveness heals with unconditional love.
I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.