Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 06:36PM

We will be meeting in Sandy Springs area of Atlanta on Saturday, October 19th (and Friday evening for anyone who wants to go out on the town the night). We have a good group rate on rooms ($59/night) but you have to make reservations by 10/4/13.

Please e-mail me at tennexmo@yahoo.com and I will send you the specifics on meeting places and how to make reservations to get the group rate. I will keep your info confidential. Some of you have e-mailed me and I sent out instructions. If you didn't get it, try me again. Helen and Leo Walsh, please let me know if you want this info. Some others who had expressed an interest, michael, JamesL, fossilman, icanseethelight, Southern ExMo, birthgoddess, dagny, or any others, please let me know if you need the info.

If you are planning on coming for the day or coming and staying somewhere else, still let me know if you can. It will be one big hospitality room and we hope to connect a little with the SLC heathens. Y'all come down now, hear????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 08:07PM

I'm wistful thinking how nice it would be to meet you and others.

However I am involved in a big project at work and Oct. is a critical month. There is no way I could leave for a weekend anytime soon. I work too much.

It's so good of you to plan something.

Date: August 23, 2013 10:07PM

Hopefully next time, dagny.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:49AM

Fried catfish and cheesy grits all around! Don't let it discourage you that Atlanta is in Georgia and Georgia, as it turns out, is in the South. I'm committed to going there, anyway.

BTW, fried catfish with cheesy grits was actually the main entree in the cafeteria at the place where I work on Ft. Gordon. Ain't kiddin'.

Date: August 24, 2013 11:32AM

LOL. Pretty soon you'll be confused about what day it is if the cafeteria isn't featuring fried catfish on a Friday.

Our deli at work has grits every morning and the entrée is usually some kind of comfort food with several kinds of Southern veggies/greens and 3 kinds of cornbread. A couple of sides and some cornbread make a great lunch.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:46AM

I have been working in Atlanta for the past 6 months. When we get closer to the date I will know my plans better. We would like to attend

Date: August 24, 2013 11:52AM

Oh my gosh, we would be SO honored, Eric.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:49AM

GREAT IDEA!

Other exmos should beam the Exmormon Conference to their own areas .

Have any of you techies considered setting up a Roku channel and sending out our own "extra" light from Conference?

Anagrammy

Date: August 24, 2013 11:53AM

This non-techie has no idea what you just said. But sounds like a great idea. For the techies.

Posted by: peepster ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:40PM

Count me in. I've been wanting to meet up with some Southern heatherns!

Date: August 24, 2013 09:24PM

I replied to your e-mail with specifics.

Date: August 27, 2013 09:00AM

We're getting a group! I will try to top this occasionally so people can see it.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:50PM

Is this more a meeting to coincide with a certain event, or are we talking about a dinner meet and greet?

Date: August 24, 2013 09:23PM

More of a meet and greet, but we purposely timed it to coincide with the SLC exmo conference so we could connect with more people. If you'd just like to meet for lunch or dinner or come over to the hospitality suite for awhile, that is great too. It would be nice to meet you after all this time, Michael.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 09:28PM

Oh wow, I wish I could - I would love to meet some of you in real life! Unfortunately, I too have major work stuff going on during that time. Have fun!

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 02:06PM

Just sent you an email, NormaRae.

Pretty sure I can't make it, but want to be kept in the loop just in case I can.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.