Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exbishfromportland ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 02:12AM

After reading all the information over the past few years about the DNA problems trying to tie the Lamanites to the tribes of Israel, I recalled something from my 4th gg grandfather's journal. As I've posted on here before, he was the first Jew to join the church. Just found this in his journal tonight!

October 29, 1854: Brigham Young preached concerning the Jews; "No Jew coming in this church would remain faithful. Br. Neibaur as a Jew has changed his Jewish Blood. There is not a smallest particle of the Blood of a Jew in him."

First, How unbelievably offensive to make such a statement!
Second, If the church is supposed to gather Israel, and Judah is one of the 12 tribes, why would he have to have his blood changed?
Finally, How utterly outrageous...Jewish blood? And God is going to change it?

The mere existence of Brigham Young is proof the church is false.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 02:15AM

This will provide a "precedent" for the proclamation that Lammanite DNA was changed from Hebrew to Asian. Consider taking this to Salt Lake, Your IrReverence. TSCC might pay some good money for such documentation to back up their new doctrine!

(See Steve Benson's thread on this, if you haven't already.)

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 02:17AM

BY was a very wicked man yet people still worship him.

Kind of like......SATAN!

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 08:33AM

exbishfromportland is there an online source for

October 29, 1854: Brigham Young preached concerning the Jews; "No Jew coming in this church would remain faithful. Br. Neibaur as a Jew has changed his Jewish Blood. There is not a smallest particle of the Blood of a Jew in him."

I tried googling it and it didn't come up. Thanks

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 09:11AM

See, there are always ways for believers to keep on believing.

Posted by: Barnupcrik ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 09:26AM

Not a good out for the church, there's too many "Jews" in the church to DNA test.

Posted by: Barnupcrik ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 09:42AM

Barnupcrik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a good out for the church, there's too many
> "Jews" in the church to DNA test.

(exbish I would like to hear more of your thoughts on God. "Unconditional love" I learned that 30 years ago and had to work around mormonism to make it seem fit, but now I'm free of that. You appear to have researched and found consistency in some or all NT teachings.)

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 11:29AM

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 11:48AM

One of my brother's patriarchal fortune said that he was from the tribe of Judah. I wonder what that quote means for people like him...

On the one hand, he probably doesn't have a drop of Jewish blood in him. On the other hand, the Morg is telling him he does. But on the other, other hand, BY is telling him he doesn't!

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:48AM

Was that a Tevye impression? I love Fiddler On The Roof.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 02:24AM

Ha ha, not intentionally!

Date: August 27, 2013 12:37AM

Well, well...was going to find a link to direct everyone to...but oh look, you can't get the full journal online, at least as far as I can see. Now I am pissed.

Date: August 27, 2013 01:03AM

Barnupcrik,
I believe God and his son love us unconditionally. Here is a good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcionism.

Marcion of Sinope, in the 2nd century developed these ideas and was excommunicated for them. If God is vengeful and wrathful then people obey out of fear. They are easy to control.

But the Savior taught: Love God, Love your neighbor. That just about covers it. God is omniscient and all powerful, he doesn't need our stuff or our submission. He loves us and would like it if we would love him.
That's sort of a brief overview. Thanks for asking.

Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:09AM

I am a walking DNA miracle.

I am hispanic, my mother's family is jewish. My patriarchal blessings says, ephraim...oh yeah a GA told me I was from the tribe of Judah after learning about my mom's family...

So, according to the new apology and TSCC's doctrine:

when I was born, my DNA was changed to gentile. Then at 8, it was changed back to jewish (LDS baptism), then at 17 (Patriarchal Blessing), I changed tribes, at 23 (Q12 tells me I am from Judah), I changed back to jewish.

Then God pulled a doozy to try my faith: my mom's DNA was still jewish but my Dad's (being South American) was changed to gentile.

OR maybe...the church is made up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 01:38AM by erictheex.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.