Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:01AM

We often make fun of mormon talk.

But Apostles take it to a whole new ridiculous level. It is as if they are trying to quote something god just told them, so they are stuck using a human tongue that just cant quite describe the constant spiritual rapture they are in. Sometimes their wording is so over the top, that they bring themselves to tears, evan when describing a childhood story that they have relayed 5,000 times before. Members burst with joy, becuase they feel that the apostle is filled with the spirit....instead of bullshit.

The road to Golgotha is filled with tears.

The trail to the tomb is paved with trials.

Gethsemane is is no easy path, my dear friends.

Jesus, our redeemer, friend, savior, master, lover of my soul, the lamb, the one who for you and I will always stand at the door knocking, the one who even now beckons, even he that moved mountains, yet takes the time to help me find my car keys, yes, the master of the universe, the true heir, the only begotten and often forgotten, yeah, even he who today calls for you to pay more tithes and to put down your cell phone...

I promise you all, as an apostle of The Lord JC, and as a special witness to his holy work, say unto you be ye at peace.

Ugh, it makes me shudder to think how manipulative and stupid their encantations are. Yet mormons see this as evidence of something so sacred.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 12:17PM by erictheex.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:14PM

erictheex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yet mormons see
> this as evidence of something so sacred.

Well, they ARE a "values based" people! And this kind of language sells values!

"Bonneville International Corporation is a values-driven company composed of values-driven people making a difference through mass communications. We make a difference by serving and improving individuals, families, communities, and society through quality entertainment, information, news, and values-oriented products. We make a difference by satisfying our customers' communications needs through superior programming, creative marketing, advanced technology, and skillful use of our resources. We make a difference by providing professional and personal growth opportunities for our colleagues, by enhancing positive feelings of self-worth, and by exerting positive leadership in the communications industry. Central to the achievement of our mission are these core values: integrity, excellence, service, profitability, leadership, and sensitivity."
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/bonneville-international-corporation-history/

Posted by: Hold Your Tapirs ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:33PM

It's called Heartsell, they've trademarked it.

http://www.bonneville.com/?sid=582&nid=32

"Our unique strength is the ability to touch the hearts and minds of our audiences, evoking first feeling, then thought and, finally, action. We call this uniquely powerful brand of creative "HeartSell"® - strategic emotional advertising that stimulates response."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 01:31PM by Hold Your Tapirs.

Date: August 27, 2013 12:35PM

I am in shock. This is so ridiculous.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:50PM

erictheex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am in shock. This is so ridiculous.

Yeah.

"HeartSell"® - strategic emotional advertising for the masses and

drumroll

"SoulSell"® - strategic emotional preaching for The Mormons.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:53PM

Hey, maybe I'll give that a whirl...

The avenue to apostasy is adorned with awesomeness.

The lane leaving LDS leads to light and love.

Mormonism monkeys with many minds and mauls them into morose, mundane monotony.

Inane, pseudo-profundity -- TSCC excels at it, to be sure.

Date: August 27, 2013 12:59PM

I realized that this is the god given commitment pattern we were taught on our missions!

1) Build relationships of trust by sharing feelings and bearing testimony.

2) Introduce a thought, an idea. Don't you want to be with your family forever? imagine yourself free from guilt?!

Commit them to action. Will you, sucker, pray to find out if what we just talked about is true?

We were told that this is how "father" deals with us. What a mindfuck.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 01:00PM by erictheex.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:59PM

I'm doubly shocked. They used "affecting" instead of "effecting."

AFFECTING CHANGE.... would mean that the change was already occuring, and they are affecting it.

EFFECTING CHANGE.... would mean that they are bringing about change by whatever they're doing.

Both could be correct, but I think they really mean "EFFECTING."

How embarrassing for them.

Besides the fact that they advocate "feeling" AND "mind" control.

Yep, TSCC excels at it. It's a child-abusing, brainwashing cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 01:00PM by PapaKen.

Date: August 27, 2013 01:01PM

They are admitting that:

It is rehearsed, not inspired.

It is a sells job.

It is manipulative.

It is fake.

Posted by: elciz ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:09PM

They are masters of bullsh$% language and manipulation of emotions. They have one job function and their ability to master this is something I think they spend time on and very likely are coached and trained in. Personally I find their talks boring and their mannerisms fake.

Date: August 27, 2013 01:52PM

I have often found myself watching GC with my wife in tears about some story and me saying to myself "he did not say anything, that was all emotion!!!!!!" She felt the spirit, I felt the scam.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 04:18PM

Every LDS video starts out with the same chords and then the "noble" trumpets--didja ever notice that?

Researched for maximum emotional tug.

Posted by: blind mule ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 04:22PM

I like frogdogs apostolic language of awesomeness keep it up. re Heartsell, you would think the sheep would figure out that they are being manipulated. Oh those wacky mormons!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.