Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:08PM

Idaho already checks all boats coming into the state for invasive aquatic species. Perhaps they could also check all out of state minivans for Mormons.

Just sayin'. Six hundred missionaries in Boise should at least qualify as a blight. Good Lard!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:14PM

There is a reason why Utah and Idaho missions get so many missionaries. They represent the small part of the world, where the culture has evolved to be accepting of Mormonism. Outside of that small area, and Mormonism is just a weird cult.

Posted by: extbm1324 ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:23PM

Well, as far as Idaho goes that statement is only slightly true. In eastern Idaho the mormons are the vast majority and hugely popular.

In western Idaho it is a different story. There are many mormons in the Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Caldwell area, but they are out numbered 4 to 1 easily. Most of the mormons are grouped up in Meridian. There are a lot of them there, but if you drive 10 minutes to Boise, the story changes QUICKLY. Everyone in Boise knows what the mormons are, and no one really likes them. They think of them as ignorant backwards bigots. Boise has an openly gay elected state senator, and a black women elected as senator, and they get re elected with an overwhelmingly majorities every time. 8.5/10 people in Boise would probably have nothing good to say about mormons, the missionaries are wasting their time here....

Then we go to Nampa, there is a modest Mormon population there, but also a large Latino population which also hate the mormons, move towards Caldwell and the story even rings even truer. Yes we have mormons here, but they are the minority, and when they start sticking their nose in local politics they are quickly shut down. There power and influence is limited to Meridian, and frankly, when we have Boise, who cares about Meridian, it is just a mini boring Layton, Utah.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 04:38PM

...more like a "parasitic infestation"?

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:17PM

Well, Mormons are a type of butterfly, aren't they? Maybe you could sneak in some legislation in an environmental bill or other. Protecting salmons or potatoes or something...

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:21PM

A friend's husband is in the mission presidency for the SLC mission. She posts weekly about the number of missionaries they receive each week--as the Lord in his wisdom hastens the work! Last Sun it was "another" 250 missionaries--who they also have to find homes for with members! I have no idea how this end of the valley will ever absorb that many. The deal is they are all "visa waiters." I am sure this is what is happening in Boise too! A lot of restless 18 year olds--sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Even my very TBM sister told me she is so glad her son is waiting until he is 19 so as to not get caught up in the chaos.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:27PM

The all-knowing Mormon God sure has trouble figuring out immigration policy.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:28PM

Do (or does) more missionaries mean more money for LDS, Inc.? Is this a money making scheme unto itself?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 01:31PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 02:15PM

It could.

Let's say you have every missionary paying $500 a month. From that the church has to transport you to your mission, they have to get you shelter, and pay for food and travel around your area.

If you go to Boise, they can put you on a greyhound, no need for a plane. You can house the missionaries with members in meridian, so there goes the cost of an apartment. You can get the elders to eat many of their meals with members in Meridian, so there goes your food bills.

Posted by: AnotherNoMo ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:29PM

If it's really true, what I read on yesterday's OP about this matter that approximately 90% of Boise is NON MORMON, wouldn't this be a likely place to stage a BLITZ?

Somebody print up a PassAlongCard. On one side, "No, NEVER!"
On the other side two or more websites, MormonThink, Packham's
Investigator piece, Letter to a CES director.

Get these OUT into the community quick, stack em in libraries, laundromats, coffee shops, churches, rec centers, etc, etc

A few colorful posters around town about the 'Invasion' might help also.

OH, also include somewhere the Facebook site re child interrogations....

Posted by: extbm1324 ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:36PM

Yes, about 90% of Boise is NON Mormon, but they all know who the mormons are.... drive to Meridian, 10 minutes away from Boise, and you will find a lot of mormons. The people of Boise know what the mormons are, they know them well, and they HATE them. Missionaries are not going to change that. Boise is pretty liberal minded. Boise is the only city in Idaho who has elected a GAY state senator, with an OVERWHELMING majority, who is very vocal about gay rights. Boise is also the only city in Idaho to elect a Black woman to the state senate with an OVERWHELMING majority, and she is also very liberal. Trust me, that was not due to the mormons.

My sister and her family left Boise because they felt they were discriminated against for being mormons., The truth is, the people of Boise are sort of sick of the bigotry and hate. I am proud of my city. I love living here. I would encourage anyone who has not visited it to visit it. It is not called the city of trees because it is ugly. Also, you wont have to worry about the mormons, they have all retreated to Meridian and hide behind their little suburbia looking at Boise as if it will burn in eternal hell.

:D

Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 02:20PM

Of course, this surge is to keep those missionaries as members. However, the surge will die out, what will happen with the "hastening" when these missions have to shrink or dissapear and when it becomes obvious that 3 times as many missionaries does not equal 3 times the baptisms, specially in areas where mormon saturation is so high?

I present to you in 2018: "The Shrinkening"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 02:21PM by erictheex.

Posted by: ElderEx ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 04:33PM

Is it possible that they might not be hitting the streets?

All those church buildings would be a perfect place to put lots of new internet missionaries to spread Joe's word through the interwebs.

10 missionaries to a building. 1 of them made the building leader to supervise the computer use of the mishies and keep them in line.

I have trouble believing they would be so dumb as to put that many more on the streets in those areas....oh! I forgot who we were talking about. Never mind.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.