Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 05:09PM

Early this year a friend from the adjacent ward had asked me about my neighbor lady, if I new anything about the rumors that she left the church in a messy way. I hadn't heard a thing but wondered. I thought about "coming out" to her since I knew I could use someone to talk to, but I didn't want to take the risk that my friend was wrong. A couple of weeks ago, I asked my visiting teachers about the rumor and they confirmed to me that my neighbor lady did leave the church. Apparently everyone else and their dog already knew about it, but I had been living under my little hole in the rock of nursery and hadn't heard a thing.

I emailed her last week and she came over to visit with me and chat a bit today. She left me with a copy of her story and told me that another lady in the ward is also on her way out. So, good news!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 05:16PM

Thanks for sharing! I hope it will be nice to have a few gals nearby that you can relate to.

Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 05:23PM

Nice! I'm the only one leaving in this neighborhood.
I hope the ward spreads the right rumor and send some closeters my way. :)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 05:25PM

And our numbers are growing.

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 05:30PM

WOOOw,THat IS GOOD NEWS!!! HOW nice to have a mutual friend & nieghbor living so close to you! Celebrate!!!

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 07:09PM

I am really happy for you rainwater. It will be great to get together and strengthen each other and have a good laugh at times.

When I read of things like this I realise how I did so many things alone in my life. When I joined the Church I was the first in my family to do so, and while my friends didn't openly criticise, I am sure they were gob-smaked at what I did. THEN when I left the Church I did it primarily on my own after a broken marriage. I had support from 3 friends initially but then moved to go to university and once again was on my own. I guess that was kind of my strength, in a funny backwards sort of way.

Sorry for the nostalgia, your situation caused a sort of 'Hello" moment for me.

Enjoy your friends and the change in your lifestyle. Goodness have a cup of coffee or shock horror a glass of wine together! What a laugh!!

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 07:22PM

Jealous! I wish I had some fellow ex mos in my hood.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:16PM

Why did she leave? What was her story?

Posted by: ck ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:28PM

That's pretty cool! That kind of face-to-face support ought to be nice.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:50AM

That's awesome! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.