Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 01:10PM

I didn't get to post in the original post, so I'm adding here:

In one of the discussions on disqus regarding the death of a missionary somewhere (I forget which), a poster said that Jesus was the Jew's G-D. I tried to explain to her that this was simply not true, but she didn't want to have anything to do with the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: September 05, 2013 03:26AM

Heh heh, you have to admit that is creative ignorance, I am sure most jews would fall about laughing about it! But then I had an occasion to discuss with an extremely right wing man about his very bigoted beleifs. He was very anti-semetic. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him that Jesus was a jew! It was classic. Ignorance is everywhere and in this case it really supported hatred. It was scary.

Posted by: theGleep ( )
Date: September 05, 2013 11:59AM

Could you explain to me why it's simply not true?

I get that Jews don't believe it - else they'd be Messianic Jews.

I get the "there is no God, therefore there is no God-of-the-Jews".

I'm honestly interested in your opinion. I will probably not reply, however, lest it become "dissentive" and invite an evil spirt to the board.

:) :) :)

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: September 05, 2013 01:25PM

Christians are taught that the God of the Old Testament, or the God of the Jews was Jehovah, some pronounce it Yehowah, same guy different pronunciation, both are probably wrong.

The Jews don't speak the name of their God, but identify him as Lord and he is the same God the Christians are talking about.

The Christians and the Mormons (though in a different way) believe that Jehovah is also Jesus Christ.

The Jews believe that if Jesus Christ existed at all he was no more than a great rabbi.

If you are a Jew, that fact that Christians have taken your ancient God and turned him into part of their Godhead, doesn't change your view of your one God.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: September 05, 2013 06:09PM

It seems Christians see G-D as being in 3 parts. We Jews see Him as being ONE. We declare it quite a few times during prayer services.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.