Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 09:40PM

So hubby and I were very active in the ward. Today I went to the library yes I go there often with the kids and saw some other Mormon moms. So we talked about kids first day of school/pre school/kindergarten. She introduced me to someone to a ward close by and told her that I am from (different country) and this lady said oh my brother served his mission there 4 years ago. Do you know ward xy and names my mothers ward. I smile and say yes I know that ward.
Well she asked me if I knew any new people who moved into our usa ward and I said no and she asked how come? And I said "I am so busy with the kids that I don't really pay attention who moves in or out of the ward'. Haha I should have said well husband and I have resigned from the lds church. Now my question how did you brake the news? I was pretty good with my fake Mormon smile acting like I was all active although I have resigned and haven't been to church in several months.
What surprised me was how all those lies came so natural no pause no guilt just a smile and blame it on the kids for my lack of paying attention.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 10:20PM

You did a fine job! You gave her honest answers, just not complete answers. People who engage in casual conversation with you do not need to know every last detail of your life.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 10:30PM

Now I'm wondering what (other country) you're from.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.