Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flyinghigh ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 04:17PM

Welsh Opera star Bryn Terfel, seems to have been well and truly smitten by the Mormon Church. He was recently in SL singing with the MT Choir. His observations and thoughts on the church are in an article in the UK Independent newspaper. Some of the remarks in the comments section are worth reading.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/classical/features/stop-mocking-the-mormons-says-opera-star-bryn-terfel-who-has-been-embraced-by-the-faith-8802386.html#comment-1033318846

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jangadai ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 04:27PM

Mr. Terfel does have a point... just sayin'.

And I saw him when he performed with the MoTab back in 2003 or so? He was amazing!

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 04:37PM

He thinks Mormon polygamy is in the past! It is if you don't believe in eternal marriage and the polygamous sealings they're still performing in their temples.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 04:30PM

The comments are great!

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 04:48PM

It mentions LDS Inc as the "second-fastest" growing religion in America...which one is now in 1st place???

"The singer, raised in a Methodist family said the experience, which followed a separation from his wife of 30 years, led him to question the faith he was born into."

It's always amazing to me that it's OK to question the "faith" you were born into as long as you are looking into Moronism!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 06:29PM

People at transitional points of life or experiencing stressful times are vulnerable to the pitch.

Posted by: aabinadiburns nli ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 08:56PM

Ex-Mormonism is now the fastest growing.

Posted by: fasterNoMo ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:14AM

It said the Mormons were the scond FASTED growing church. Not the second fastest growing.... LOL

Posted by: Flyinghigh ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 06:25PM

Strange how rich and famous celebrities are drawn towards religious cults like Scientology and Mormonism. Is it because they are treated like members of royalty and are more or less allowed to live their lives as liberally as they desire, as long as the tithing money keeps rolling in? Unlike the average joe mormon who has no option but to toe the official party line and not just pay and pray, but in all cases must obey, or else.

Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 06:52PM

He nailed it on how people are suckered into that fraud.
He was vulnerable during a time of divorce. So, they love bombed him. And since he was famous and rich, the GA probably gave him special attention and warmth.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 08:28PM

He obviously has not caught on to the fact that divorced people are tainted goods in the eyes of MORmONISM.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 08:27PM

I will, just as soon as the MORmONS stop their LYING, PROFANITY, and BLASPHEMY.

Posted by: flyinghigh ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 06:39PM

Has anyone else noticed, that Mormons are becoming much more involved in defending the church and with a great deal of accompanied venom? They attack anyone who questions the doctrines and machinations of the church. They are certainly firing their bullets in the articles comments section.
It's as if the call has gone out from SL, that every member should take up arms and vigorously defend the faith through saturation of the web, forums, and media. It certainly seems to be a growing trend among the morbot faithful.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 09:07PM

I'm so sick of Mormons judging, gossiping, having meetings about, twisting words of, and belittling others, I could scream. Though I resigned, I'm in a neighborhood full of Mormons, and I see them and the local stores, while walking my dog in the neighborhood, and they invade my own driveway and yard.

Here's a "joke" from one of the local ward's newsletter:

"Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and, with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (Oh, man, this is so bad, it’s good) a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."

Most of Mormon humor is at the expense of others. No wonder when they see us "normal people" laughing, they think we are laughing at them.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 09:37PM

That article really pissed me off. What a self righteous, arrogant piece of nonsense.

I replied today in the comments section. Those who know a bit about me on RfM will probably recognize me.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 09:37PM

Then they need to stop being mockable.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 10:17PM

mock, mock, mockity mock

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 01:03AM

My comment:

Mormons don't like to be mocked. Boo hoo. As a former covert, I don't like being lied to, and mormonism is all about lies and secrets. You can call it milk before meat, lying for the lord or lying by omission. It's still lying. The church has over 50,000 missionaries to sell you those lies.
And, it's really important that you keep repeating the lies so you will believe them.

I also noticed from the article, that it's okay for people to covert to mormonism from some other religion. Too bad mormons aren't so nice and supportive when you want to leave mormonism. The church cancels all of your blessings and you can't be with your family in the afterlife. How individual mormons treat you may vary.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 01:38AM

I was reading some of the other comments. I liked the one where a probable TBM was saying members don't have to pay a full tithe to enter the temple. They just have to tell their bishop they did.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:38AM

Actually, it was for something like lying about paying
full thithe when they didn't that two people in the Book of Acts were killed. The sin was not in failing to give everything they had, but in lying about it. Perhaps the fact that many of us are still alive (despite lying about tithing) helps prove that moism is wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 09:41AM by rhgc.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:28AM

Yeah, stop, it's not like they need the assistance!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.