Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 08:07PM

There were about 15 of us there, and 5 kids. We had a great time talking and hearing everybody's experiences with tscc. I would love to make this a monthly event!

I'm going to try and make a list of everybody in attendance, let me know if I missed you, also, there was a great couple that took a break from painting their house to come to the meetup, thanks to The Oncoming Storm - bc for inviting them. They may be joining us on the board.

Frightened Inmate #2
queenb
decievedforyears
Taddlywog
Raptor Jesus
Adult of God
darksprout
kjourney
The Oncoming Storm - bc
jong1064

I know that there were more of you, so post if you were there. Also feel free to message me or shoot me a friend request on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/njforgacs
I would love to create a group on there for us so that we could arrange events better.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 12:23AM by Frightened Inmate #2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: decieved for years ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 09:03PM

Was very pleased to be able to come to the group on Sunday.
We had never ventured out of our shelter of watching and the occasional post or opinion here on this site. A 'bit different being in like company, and my wife and I were really a 'lil nervous, but we are really glad we did come.
It was a real help to know we are among others that have had similar experences.
Look forward to possible future meet-ups here in Davis Co.

Date: September 09, 2013 09:29PM

It was great being able to speak to anybody there with no awkwardness and no worries of offending anyone with our beliefs!

Posted by: jangadai ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 10:38PM

I actually didn't make it, but I think a monthly, bi-monthly or even weekly meetup would be awesome! And I think creating a fb page for the Davis county folks is a great idea!

Date: September 09, 2013 10:40PM

Oh, and we could use the Meetup website too!

Date: September 09, 2013 10:59PM

I think that site would be best. I thought about rolling it together with the Ogden postmormon meetup group, since there were a few of us there from Weber county as well.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:04AM

That would be great. I looked into the Ogden group a couple weeks ago, but it didn't seem like they had any sort of regular meetups. Maybe I'm wrong though? I love having them midway between Ogden and Salt Lake. We need one in that area.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:14AM

They meet at a coffee shop monthly, but the group does seem a bit stagnant. My thinking is that we could infuse some energy back into that group, maybe rename it Davis Weber postmormons. I see that there are people in that group willing to come to things, but there just isn't any planning going on. thoughts?

Date: September 10, 2013 12:23AM

I think that sounds like a great idea! Do you know who to contact about renaming it? Or we could just make a whole new group?

Date: September 10, 2013 12:26AM

I am becoming interweb friends with one of the people who runs that group, I'll contact him and see "what it do" I can also just post our meetups on that site and they'll have no choice but to see it and maybe even join us bwahahaha.

I would hate to lose contact with anybody that came, it really was a fantastic group. And if Oncoming Storm is reading this: do you have any contact info for that couple that you invited who was not from the forum?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 12:29AM by Frightened Inmate #2.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:39AM

I like the idea of posting on their site, haha!

Posted by: kjourney ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:01AM

We would love to meet up again too! What is the Meetup website?

Date: September 10, 2013 12:03AM

Sorry, it's meetupdotcom... it won't let me type it out, lol

Posted by: kjourney ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:07AM

Thanks!

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:16AM

I was there.

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 01:53AM

who were you? the one that rode a bike??

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:29PM

That's not what she rode.

It was great to meet many of you. With cabelas it seems to work really well to just do it every week. None of us makes it every time but there are always at least a few people there and people always know it is there if they are interested.

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 01:10PM

ha! sorry, im trying to match up usernames with a face. So, this is the woman that came with you?

Posted by: darksprout ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:32AM

Very refreshing! I look forward to the next meetup - has anyone contacted the Ogden group?

Date: September 10, 2013 12:55AM

I'll message them tomorrow and see if they want to change the name, they already have a few kaysvillians/laytonians on there. And either way I can still post our meetups on there, so I'll be sure to do that after we hash out the details on the forum.

Date: September 10, 2013 09:28AM

I think we have a great start for the "Davis co." group for only meeting once. I think we will grow quickly.

If Ogden has been going for a while, and become stagnant, or what ever, they can come down, I am sure they are most welcome,as we would be up there I would hope.

But is merging really nessesary to keep this going though? We could always welcome any and all to be sure, but a seperate Davis Co. group has the advantage of having and anchoring our own meetings here, welcoming guests from all along the mordor as does the Cabella's group or the Ogden group or wherever.
It may just be that the more,local individual groups,there are, the more we will have attending.
Just a thought. I am very pleased there are things starting up here. Long overdue for sure.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:26PM

Very good points here. After giving it some thought, I tend to agree.:-)

Date: September 10, 2013 06:41PM

That's fine, I'll just post our meetups on their group as well, just so they are included

Date: September 10, 2013 10:53PM

Sounds awwwesome. So are you going to go ahead and create a group for us?

Date: September 11, 2013 01:54AM

Am really happy we can look forward to doing this again. Let us know when and any thing we can do {wifey and I} and we will help if we can.

Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:17PM

wish I could have made it, had to go out of town. Would love to meet you all evil apostates soon so you can tell me about your off the shoulder tops and animal sex.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:27PM

Wow.... Kinky, lol. Meeting up just got way more interesting! ;)

Posted by: ethan ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 03:04PM

We (me, wife, and two young children) didn't make it, but we wanted to. We look forward to the next meetup. We could really use some friends with common background.

My whole family is TBM, unfortunately, and lives throughout the Morridoor. We don't fit in well at family functions anymore, especially since every family gathering is really just another mormon auxiliary.

My wife's family lives in another country, so we don't see them much. Fortunately, only her sister (and husband) is TBM, so we aren't quite outcasts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.