Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:18AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 08:08AM

Miley NEVER looked better!!! than right there!

Date: September 10, 2013 08:37AM

Well, her antics DID get people thinking.....and making comparisons.....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/things-miley-cyrus-looked-like-at-the-vmas

-------------------------------------------

And then there is her appreciation of fine art....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/miley-cyrus-twerks-on-famous-paintings

---------------------------------

The Difference Between Being Sexually Empowered and Twerking

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stefanie-williams/the-difference-between-being-sexually-empowered-and-twerking_b_3826305.html?source=thumbnailt_ref=celebrity&ir=Celebrity

Until then, I find it borderline insulting that anyone would call whatever it is Cyrus is doing these days sexually empowering for women. It's not what we wear or how we gyrate in public that gives us ownership over the things we do with our bodies -- it's our ability to balance our sexuality with being a rational adult that gives us the ultimate power to prove sexuality is not something to be feared, but embraced.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 10:04AM

It will stop when the next celebrity does something to get attention. Miley who?

Posted by: reddwarf ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 11:13AM

Frankly I see her repeating the pattern of many before her. She was a disney performer which means being controlled at all times to preserve the public image. Look what has happened to many of the others who came before her.

Christina Aguilara was a mousekateer who went on to perform many questionable shows before she settled down. Now she is a respected musical expert judge on the voice.

Britney Spears performed with Christina on the mousekateers. She has had several public breakdowns, marriages, rehab stints, etc. Now her life and career appear to be getting back on track.

Lindsay Lohan was in parent trap, herbie, and several other disney tent poles. Now she is the punch line to so many jokes about her drug fueled lifestyle, rehab, serial DUI wrecks, and her career is dead at this time. She has not pulled out of the rebellion stage yet.

Vanessa Hudgens was the bellwether for disney in the high school musical days until her ex-boyfriend leaked nude photos of her on the internet.

Miley is just going into the rebellion stage that is the natural next step in escaping from the ultra control she was living in. Give her time and see if she becomes a Christina or a Lindsay.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:51PM

It's such a shame about Lindsay Lohan. I think that she's a decent actress. Someday I wonder if she will have an appreciation for what she threw away.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:53PM

Miley turns me off. And it has nothing to do with her current antics. She comes off as very hard and aggressive, and not in a good way.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:37PM

The whole disney thing makes it difficult for young fans and parents when the disney kid goes off the rails. My 10 year old niece likes Lindsey Lohan from the Parent Trap but I would not her keeping up with the current news of LL.

Fortunately, she was too young for the whole hannah montana thing, but she is a big fan of Shake it Up, so I hope the stars in that don't don't go down the Miley road. It is hard for kids to see one persona of an actor and then to have it destroyed.

For a while Miley was acting like an adult, to some degree. She showed up on the red carpet in some fashionable and sophisticated gowns. Then she decided to appropriate hip hop in order to create a new persona. It comes off as fake and exploitive, using black performers as props.

She is a legend in her own mind, as she compared her MTV fiasco to Madonna's MTV performance of Like a Virgin. As if. After reading the reviews I watched her new video, which has her swinging naked on wrecking ball and giving head to a sledge hammer (well, almost). It is calculated to be in your face but it seems desperate. All she needs now is a sex tape to be leaked and she will be on her way.

Posted by: Loins of fire ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 03:23PM

I can't decide if she's crazy, or crazy like a fox.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:25PM

Not anytime soon. Why should she?

She is 20 years old, with a terrific body and another hit on her hands.

Other than occasional recreational indulgences, she does not seem to have an addiction problem.

But she will probably calm down over the next 15 years, they always do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.