Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonni ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:00PM

I was reading on another exmo site. Someone there had gotten an e-mail from the church asking for information on the location of a family member. On the one hand I was disgusted that they are doing this. On the other hand, I had to laugh. The person they are looking for is attending BYU.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glittertoots ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:03PM

I read about that also! My guess is he won't be attending BYU for too long. Probably best for that kid to transfer stat.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:05PM

Full time elderly missionaries have long lists and can find anyone with their trusty computers and telephones. I'm sad that family is sometimes unfairly blamed when we have enough trouble keeping loved ones in our lives after leaving their cult.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 08:44PM

They know where I am. They just don' care.

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 09:14PM

Greyfort Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They know where I am. They just don' care.

That and...

They know where I am. I just don' care.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 08:47PM

They never found me...

25 years and counting.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 01:45AM

Maybe it's a Canadian Mormon thing but nobody has ever contacted me since I resigned....to either try and claw me back in or to ask about anybody else.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 11:11AM

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 11:23AM

I've been out for over 10 years and have yet to have anyone love bomb me or have the missionaries sent out to retrieve me.

I feel unloved, yet surprisingly happy about it.

Posted by: solost ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 11:34AM

Pfft! Good luck to them! My in-laws are completely inactive and I was the only convert in my family. I remember one time when I was a teenager (right after I got baptized) I found a BOM in my parents room. My dad had read the whole thing! ....and then decided to scratch out the second "m" in "Mormon" on the cover. My dad is awesome.

Posted by: here today ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 11:46AM

Something is fishy about the way the church goes about "finding" people.

I was inactive when I received a call asking where my brother was located. He was a RM and attending Ricks College at the time. I don't know whether he was active or not.

Later the same week, my mother received a call asking where to find ME. Of course, being TBM, she told them.

WHY would they call and ask her where to find me when they obviously already knew where I was? Unless, it's the church's way of "outing" in-actives to their family members, pretending to act out of concern instead of down-right tattling.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 01:58PM

My answer to inquiries of that nature is always:

"I am not at liberty to disclose that information."

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 02:02PM

They just recently called my parents looking for me. My address isn't any different from where I was when I was last active. Not sure how my records got lost.

My father who was TBM until about a year ago told them no. Not that he didn't know my address, but that no he wouldn't tell them where I was.

Take that!

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 03:18PM

They haven't called me since I resigned. I have to admit I miss it a bit -- it was fun playing with them. I'd tell them I would trade my sister's address (or whomever they were currently seeking) for their mother's. Usually stopped them cold. Or I'd tell them I didn't give family addresses to strangers. They would try and convince me they weren't a stranger!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.