Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 05:02PM

I was thinking " To thine own self be true" or " only God can judge me". Haha I love the stares I get from TBM looking at my tattoos. I know what theyre thinking and IDGAF!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 05:29PM

I think "only god can judge me" is way overused and generally seen on gangsters and people currently in jail.

definitely the first one.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 05:31PM

Personally, I wouldn't get any tattoo just to get a rise out of people. Maybe you were just teasing about that part though.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 05:32PM

Ever since I left the church I thought that I wanted to get a tattoo, but could never come up with something that I wanted on my skin. If I ever get around to doing that Ironman triathlon, I'll probably get one of those tats on my leg, but other than that, can't think of anything that just says "ME".

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 06:45PM

How about a tattoo that says "my next tattoo goes here".

Or get a tattoo of an arm with a tattoo of an arm with a tattoo of an arm......it would be like the mirrors in the temple sealing rooms.

Or maybe the jist of your last statement in your post...."I know what your thinking about my tattoos and IDGAF".

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 07:20AM

Or how about "I will never get a tattoo!" (or FTW) "Tattoo Free!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2013 07:36AM by lucky.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 06:49PM

I would go for "1 Corinthians 6:19"

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 06:51PM

If you are a female, you can ink up both arms to max, remain in the church and become a LDS hero.

Posted by: jangadai ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 08:55PM

+1

Posted by: gladtobeme ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 05:46AM

Wait, I think that rule only applies if you are blonde and have big blue eyes.

Date: September 12, 2013 07:25AM

A MORmON hero, that is.

Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 06:52PM

Youre a funny clown Jonny the smoke. Now stop smoking that weed jonny. Thanks buddy LOL!!

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 07:13PM

Random reformed Egyptian squiggles?

A book of Mormon in a circle with a line through it?

Same for a temple?

Sealed to (insert favorite famous person)?

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 07:21PM

A big ole CTR shield, that should make their brains as they try to decide whether to praise of condemn you.

Posted by: jangadai ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 08:56PM

Lol, I actually considered this, just for fun! Ended up getting something else though. :)

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:32PM

Many long years ago I was in line at Burger King with a collegue who was literate in Chinese. There was a young woman ahead of us wearing low slung bottoms and a tube top with a Chinese character on her lower back. Collegue hurt himself trying not to laugh. Later he told me "It said 'Use other entrance."

Posted by: Pragmatist ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:44PM

Wear the same shirt every day for a year. If you are okay with the same thing on your body day in and day out...get inked so that we all can easily stereotype you as not being very bright.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:49PM

Wow, that s quite the wide brush you're painting with.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:51PM

Uh wow dude. I have four tattoos and I highly doubt that anyone would classify me as not bright.

Posted by: No ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 01:02AM

In other news, we have all already stigmatized pragmatist as being a stupid bigot. Carry on.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 07:21AM

I have had the same nose my whole life.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 09:56PM

Just this morning I saw a photo of a man's bum with a stylized sun surrounding his anus. It looked kinda cool but I do wonder about who had the more uncomfortable part in this tattoo, the customer or the tattoo artist? =:-0

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 10:07PM

I want to get a line from Tolkien across my foot that says "Not all those who wander are lost." It's sort of that same "don't judge me" idea but said in a kinder, gentler way. Plus, that's always been my favorite poem.

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong, does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

I think if you get a tattoo, it should be something you've loved for a long time. I'd also get my favorite flower somewhere, because it's been my favorite since I was a teen - as long as I've loved the poem. I'm starting to think about getting a second tattoo - it takes me a long time to decide.

Oh, BTW, I'd pick the first one too - if you have narrowed it down to those two.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 12:47AM

Don't get the one that mentions God. Someday, you might stop believing in God.

But you will always believe in Shakespeare.

My daughter dated a young man who had a Keltic dog on his leg, which looked awesome.

CA Girl, I love that poem, too.

Posted by: Extbm1324 ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 12:53AM

I have almost caved on getting tattoos, but I am glad I refrained. I have changed so much as a person that I would not be happy with the tattoos now that I wanted even just three years ago. I am constantly evolving. Of course I only speak for me, I know people who have gotten tats and love them 10 years later. It is awesome how we are all so different.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 12:55AM

How about a white salamander? :-)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 06:11AM

Don't get a tattoo until you're ready to make your own decision without help from strangers on the internet.

Date: September 12, 2013 07:35AM

(wink)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 06:41AM

How about a "scriptural" reference, 1 Nephi 8:26-27

(26 And I also cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the aother side of the river of water, a great and bspacious building; and it stood as it were in the cair, high above the earth.

(27 And it was filled with people, both old and young, both male and female; and their manner of dress was exceedingly fine; and they were in the aattitude of mocking and pointing their fingers towards those who had come at and were partaking of the fruit.)

I've always wondered what mall security would do if you came to City Creek with the reference printed on a T-shirt. Would they send you out for mocking the mall, or could they do that, since you were wearing a BoM quote to mock the mall?

Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 06:48AM

how about some barbed wire around your upper arm? Actually, to the OP, I like choice #1. Make sure you REALLY want it though

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.