Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 04:04PM

Oh that's going to be something to see.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 04:42PM

Do you think he has Mormoney church sanction to participate in this?

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 04:49PM

Well, this should be interesting! How will they handle this "Mormon icon" being openly supportive of gay rights?! The fact that he's rich & famous will undoubtedly buy him some wiggle room, but good for him nevertheless.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 04:52PM

We don't know if he is going to be supportive. My guess is that he is acting with the consent of the Corporate HQ, and that they have prepared his remarks for him. By sending him instead of one of the fifteen, or even a seventy, the church has plausible deniability with anything that Steve Young says, while at the same time, hoping to defuse the situation. They may even be testing the waters for some bold new plan that they hope will allow gays to remain faithful tithe payers, which is all that counts at the end of the day.

Guy has always been a water carrier for the church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2013 04:54PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 05:04PM

I can't say I've really followed anything about him, so you are probably right, unfortunately. That sucks. All I know about him is that my aunt went out with him a couple of times in college and thought he was an ass and that he plays football. Was hoping maybe he'd turned out cool, but. . . bummer.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 08:57PM

"The church also threw its support behind a new policy passed this year by the Boy Scouts of America that opens the door for gay youth to join the ranks, while continuing to ban gay adult Scout leaders."

Oh, yeah. "Threw its support." What a steaming load of sh!t. They make me sick. Happy Mormon Steve Young and a positive spin. I sincerely hope anybody making nice on the church's behalf gets an earful at that conference. Someone should hand out shirts with the names of all Mormon gays dead by suicide printed on them, and they should wear them while he talks. Disgusting.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.