Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 12:26PM

I like to analyze data trends. If there was an onverall mood to what TSCC is doing is desperation. From teaching in sacrament meeting how to clean toilets to begging for donations for 18 year old missionaries, they in my opinion are desperate for direction, money, positive PR, retention, conversions, donations, leadership...

I dont ever recall them dealing with so much dissafection, financial problems and doctrinal quandries, all at once. I guess MK Jensen was right that this has not occured since Kirtland.

It makes me feel validated and I think that many of you have had a part to play in this. When the church needed us most, so they could turn to us, antimormons, to use us as a warning, so many of you have responsed in such intelligent, kind and logical way, that is had deflated their arguments. The internet is not filled with "anti" lies, it is filled with so many carefully constructed websites, blogs and comments from people being genuine about how TSCC has really affected their lives.

The Standard of Truth has been posted online. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, apoligist may assemble, trolls may defame. But the truth about TSCC will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every email, swept every denial, and sounded in every ear, until the light shines on all the facts and the Great Jehovah will say, ‘ok, I´m done.'

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 02:51PM by erictheex.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wellsville ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 01:40PM

You are incorrect. LDS is the fastest growing religion in the world. Missionary age was lowered since many people in the world want to convert but their are not enough missionaries out in the field to convert everyone who want to become LDS.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 01:43PM

Ah, satire...

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 05:44PM

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 01:44PM

I can't tell if you're being funny or not

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 02:44PM

A simple google search will reveal the LDS church is NOT the fastest growing religion and any returned missionary who is honest will admit they baptized almost no one, or they baptized a couple of weirdos or street people who had no where else to go. They will talk about huge numbers of inactives and a distinct lack of people wanting to know anything about such a ridiculous, obvious fraud of a religion.

You are right - Mormonism is desperate - like a middle aged man having a huge mid-life crisis and doing stupid things in a desperate attempt to hang on somehow to what they once were or what they hoped to become. Meanwhile, the whole world is laughing at the bad toupee or ridiculous sports car or flashy clothes.

Posted by: heypal ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 08:02PM

So many want to be dunked that they're running out of water.

Date: September 16, 2013 01:49PM

Per a GA, Joseph Smith is the most important historical figure since Jesus Christ.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 02:39PM

Per Ole Joe himself, he was better than Jesus:

"In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil--all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."

Posted by: Hold Your Tapirs ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 06:01PM

Please provide the source for this quote, it's a good one.

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 06:21PM

History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 408-409 - it is one of my favourites and it is on the BYU website https://byustudies.byu.edu/hc/hcpgs/hc.aspx

Posted by: Lasvegasrichard ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 08:14PM

And that's where your story flies off the rails ... Per a G A .

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 01:52PM

In my opinion this situation is a direct response to "behavioral consequences". Every behavior has a consequence. If the behavior is "good" theres is a "good" consequence. If the behavior is "bad" there is a "bad" consequence. The above mentioned organization is recieving the consequences of 200 years of behavior. Nothin more. Nothing less.

Posted by: I believed this all, once... ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 02:31PM

I think they are having a kind of organizational "nervous breakdown". 2012 was supposed to be their big moment, and it pretty much fizzled out.

So now they are in a frenzy to try to fill the void.

No one in the civilized world is desperate to convert to Mormonism; maybe the mishies can try peddle their wares to the ignorant and poverty-stricken, where a well-fed person from a distant land is a rarity.

Posted by: whoahnellynolds ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 06:14PM

The world really doesn't even care about Mormonism. The amount of energy spent on thoughts and actions related to Mormonism outside of it are miniscule, practically insignificant, and considered inconsequential. Like the entry regarding Earth in the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

Earth: Harmless

Posted by: HopiBon! ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 03:30PM

The data required by Britain and New Zealand that churches and charities must open their books show the truth in the only way that matters.

34% drop in tithing and total revenues from 2009-1012 in New Zealand and a 20 million dollar profit to millions of dollar of debt each year. Similar numbers in the UK. There's no way it would be different anywhere else.

No business can absorb a 34% drop in revenues in 3 years without making major changes, rebranding, repricing, special discounts. In the last year...

Caffeine? No problem. We'd be weird if we thought otherwise.
Lower the missionary age
No more door knocking
Alter the scriptures
Change the temple endowment

I'm sure they are others.

Posted by: antipodeanheathen ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 04:11PM

Wellsville, the morginisation is in decline in many countries. Recent figures, particularly from UK and New Zealand demonstrate this.

There were about 1,400 converts in the UK in one year, for a popoulation of 63 million. That is not legions wanting to join the church - the majority of missionaries in the UK would have baptised nobody.

Tithing revenues are down, the numbers of active members are a fraction of what the old guys at the top are telling you.

You are being lied to.

As for paedophile Joey being the most important person since JC! We've heard that here before. Please engage your brain beforemaking such banal statements. It's these sort of statements which demonstrate the true cult characteristics of TSCC - Joey Smith, a convicted fraudster, is more important than George Washington, Abe Linoln, alex Flemming, Marie Curie, Faraday, Darwin, Einstein, Elvis, The Beatles etc etc etc etc

Please tell us all exactly what Joey Smith did for the world, please, we are inerested in your perspective.....

.....(sound of crickets)

Date: September 16, 2013 05:23PM

The time will come when truth shall cover the earth as water covers the mighty deep. I have no doubt at all but what we are on our way to do that. You and I are on the scene of the missionary work in the greatest and, shall I say, the most exciting period in the history of this world, certainly within the history of this dispensation. We ought to feel a thrill at being a part of that tremendously great movement. - Harold B. Lee

Posted by: pathos ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 05:29PM

Please share your objective evidence this is the case.

Posted by: bobkolob ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 05:52PM

I agree with wellsville. We have been in the "latter days" for over a hundred and fifty years but I am sure that we are right on the cusp of learning the real truth. If we would all just endure to the end and continue to pray, pay, and obey Tommy the CEO and profit... things will workout... I PROMISE. (insert eye roll and shaking head in a NO fashion.)

Posted by: ICEMAN ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 07:23PM

Wellsville, you quoted "The time will come when truth shall cover the earth as water covers the mighty deep." This in the process of happening...the truth about the lying Mormon church is being spread far and wide by the I-net and more and more books. I encourage you to use the brain that God gave you to discover this for yourself.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

John 8:32

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 07:29PM

Yep, HBL was correct. The truth is covering the earth right now regarding the church. The World Wide Web took care of that prophecy...thanks Tim!

Posted by: nomomohomo (not logged) ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 05:36PM

Was President Paternoster resurrected? You sound a lot like him, Wellsville.

Posted by: twirlnwhirl ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 05:45PM

Wells vile I served a mission and I did not waste time, followed the rules, prayed and studied the scriptures. I can tell you that people in Taiwan are not very interested in the lds church. Those people are wonderful, charitable, intelligent, cultured people. They think ideas through and make reasoned decisions. I am glad many of them including a former lds bishop were able to see through Joseph and brigham's fraud.

The information is all out on the Internet now, the game is up, so to speak. I remember my mission trainer telling me that when we get home we should read up on church history and find out what is really going on with the church. I hope that my friend did that as I have done to find out the information that is withheld from Sunday school lessons. This so called church is so dishonest. I recommend nobody going on a mission without first reading the real church history found in places like the journal of discourses.

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 06:22PM

Pee-yew!

Posted by: igetyouwellsville ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 07:59PM

Why does it seem like people think wellsville is genuinely trying to back mormonism? You can clearly read the satire flowing from his words. I think it is hilarious

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 08:10PM

When someone is trolling by being completely over the top it can be pretty easily identified, but when someone is trolling by portraying a TBM being completely over the top, it can be hard to tell.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: September 16, 2013 11:12PM

Sounds like we have some moron mishes trolling ------ welcome you are bound to learn something eventually!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.