Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ddrakep ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 12:40AM

Has anyone had or know of someone who had sex on a mission?

I had a friend who went to the Northwest that did everything but finish the deed with a lady.

Just curious if anyone else has a story. I think it's awesome that someone would.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 12:44AM

just had lunch with a friend in Idaho that served in PHX, he told me that he got sick and got to serve the last 6-9 months in the reservation doing service. He had sex with a Navajo woman on a regular basis.

I caught my comp with his legs wrapped around the toilet on his back with a Victoria's Secret in one hand and his girlfriend Rosie in the other...

Posted by: Anon999 ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 12:49AM

I have heard a few about missionary companions having sex with one another.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 12:57AM

I did.

With my favorite comp.

He had a bubble butt. How could I say "no"?

Fond memories.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 08:38PM

I did too.

But I felt so guilty about the whole episode that I can't say I remember that couple of months very fondly.

I now wish I had been sent home after I confessed because it would have made me deal with the gay thing a lot sooner.

Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 01:03AM

You guys are sick man ! LOL!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 01:53AM

Old pal of mine got kicked off his mission and ex'ed for doin' the nasty while serving his mission in California back in the 60's. Rejoined, married and made bishop....

Ron Burr

Posted by: Didherinmission ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 06:38AM

I heard that if a missionary married someone he/she met on a mission it was preordained to fail. Any truth to that?

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 10:01AM

My brother has been married for 28 years to the sister missionary he met while on his mission.

They have a very happy marriage, so I would say, no.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 10:04AM

Heard it on my mission, it was to discourage the missionaries from getting distracted by the opposite sex.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 10:05AM

One of my mission companions married a member we used to visit when we were together. That was almost 25 years ago, and they are still married today with grown children.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 02:35PM

Oldest son went back to his mission a year later and married a girl he had met while on his mission - but had never done anything with or had anything romantic with before. They have been married twenty years and have nine children.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 03:15PM

Nope. I could name half dozen folks I know that married folks from their mission. All still married with one unfortunately a widow now.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 07:26AM

My best friend from high school. He was disfellowshipped and sent home from his mission in Mexico for fooling around. His companion was banging a girl too, but because he denied it, he was allowed to stay on his mission. My friend worked for a while and after getting back in good graces with the church, he attended BYU. He married, graduated, had five kids, and taught school. He left his wife and ran off with a 16 year-old student. He was excommunicated, but came back to the church after about 20 years or so. Last I knew he was in the bishop-prick.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 09:16AM

There was an elder in my mission who was sent home for having sex with a woman, and it became a cautionary tale that I heard about from time to time. The story of his guilt and sorrow became grander each time it was told.

Posted by: NeedToBeAnonForThis ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 09:34AM

My sister-in-law had an affair with a LDS missionary when he was on his mission. After he got back home to Utah he went to his bishop and confessed. He got disfellowshipped for a year and my SIL got excommunicated.

Posted by: rachel1 ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 09:39AM

My exhusband did in the 70's in Belgium with a girl he baptized. He went back there after our divorce a few years ago, found the girl and married her.

Posted by: justme1 ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 09:52AM

only with my right hand.

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 09:57AM

There was a missionary in my mission who did some really heavy petting and making out with a Brazilian girl. The MP told him he could stay on the mission, just not stay in that area. He told the MP he wanted to go home and did. His father was his SP and flew down to Sao Paulo to get him.

My B.I.L. went to upstate N.Y. and moved in with a lady he was teaching while he was still on his mission. He got excommunicated but got rebaptized a few years ago.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 10:17AM

I had a couple of companions I would have done, but it never happened.

Posted by: hoosierute ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 11:18AM

I was zone leader in an area (Brazil, 2001ish) we had four elders living together that went to Carnival and brought girls home with them. Apparently the two Americans sealed the deal with their ladies. They were immediately sent home, not sure if ex'd. One of the Brazilians Elders was sent home because he wanted to continue to date his girl. The fourth Elder who was mentally handicapped was close to finishing anyway and was demoted to Junior and allowed to finish his mission, we even had him preform a baptism a week later. The worst part about it for us was that they sent in two pairs of sister missionaries to "rehab" the area and we were left with a zone of half sisters.

Posted by: visiting ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 02:51PM

I had a friend who confessed that he would sneak out at night after his companion was asleep to go have sex with a lady from the ward. He lost his virginity to her. His companion became suspicious after waking up and finding the bed empty and ran to the MP. The MP asked my friend where he had been disappearing to, my friend said he was going out for walks at night to clear his head. MP didn't believe him and had him relocated. Friend felt guilty even after returning home from his mission and finally confessed to his bishop ten years after it happened. The bishop was disgusted and said he wished he could excommunicate him but had to settle for dis-fellowshipping him instead. TEN years after the fact! Funny thing was, my friend was married and never told his wife about any of it. She thought he was a virgin when he married her.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 03:11PM

Didn't see one of these yet....Zone Leaders making out with some sister missionaries, though not going all the way. "Caught" two Elders walking down out of the mountains in the morning after they camped overnight with two girls. Never heard anything else. Some elders would go out dancing at the local disco.

Heard of an office Elder doing the mission president's wife. Anyone have info on that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2013 03:13PM by wastedtime.

Posted by: Sad Case ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 05:13PM

As I was entering the mission field at the mission home, the president was in the process of Ex-ing a District Leader who was having regular sex with a lady.

It was back during the Viet Nam war days. This guy was an older missionary, a convert, and he had just turned twenty-six so he could no longer be drafted. Apparently the only reason he went on a mission was to safely reach 26. As soon as his birthday came, he was gone with his girlfriend.

He had something like six months to go on his mission, but why stick around? The Mission Assistants told me that this DL took one hell of a chance keeping that girl friend. The MP was already suspicious and if they had caught him themselves a month earlier, they would have kicked him out of the mission, and immediately called his draft board!

A little worse timing and this guy would have found himself in the rice paddies fast. I got the impression that the church wanted to reassure the Selective Service folks that Mormon boys weren't going on missions just to avoid the war.

This DL would have been a perfect case for the church to demonstrate it's full cooperation with the government. The guy was an idiot, if not for his stupid sex drive he could have made it easily. Instead he took one hell of a chance, and happened to luck out.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 07:29PM

One of my cousins companions would sneak out at night. When my cousin woke up one night around 2am to go to the bathroom he noted that his companion wasn't there. What his companion did my cousin never found out. My cousin didn't want to get his companion in trouble and never told anyone about this till after his mission (and he doesn't say the name).

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 08:19PM

One of my uncles had rampant, wild sex with teenaged member girls on his mission in South America in the late 60s. A General Authority flew down there and excommunicated him in the field. He was well under draft age, but somehow never got sent to Vietnam.

My brother who went on a stateside mission in the mid 90s said that his mission was overrun with mishies doin' the nasty. Mostly it was elders and sisters hooking up. They eventually got caught or turned in and were sent home for discipline. His MTC companion hooked up with a 14-year old member girl, served out his mission, went home and got married in the temple. The girl eventually told her parents. They pressed charges and the now-returned mishie was extradited back to the mission for a trial. I have no idea what happened to him, or to the poor girl.

My own mission was either remarkably sex-free or I was remarkably blind to it. Maybe both. The only sex scandal I recall was a companionship of elders who frequented a massage parlor until they were caught by the ZL. I can't remember if they were sent home--probably not.

Posted by: chronic lurker ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 08:31PM

My friend got sent home for having sex with a girl THAT HE BAPTISED

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 08:35PM

I don't personally know of anyone on my mission having sex, but I do know an area was closed right before I got there because the two elders in the area were having sex with two girls ( an inactive member and her "investigator" friend). They were both sent home and the area was closed. It wasn't opened again while I was out. I got this from an AP who was in on the whole thing.

Posted by: visiting ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 08:48PM

spwdone: The same thing happened in approximately the early 80's where I grew up in a mountainous area in the eastern part of the states. It was years before they opened the field to missionaries again. And when they did, they only allowed sister missionaries to serve in our area. It was several years before they allowed elders back. It was quite the scandal within our mostly non-Mormon community.

Posted by: anon regular lurker ( )
Date: September 21, 2013 12:45AM

Ive mentioned this before on here, but since it's an actual thread thought I would again. I lost my virginity on my mission. (No, a hand does not count as losing ones virginigy, as most Bishops would say). I went to the Caribbean and well, a local hottie put some awfully strong moves on me, and that was that. STarted out as kissing here and there, when we could find the moment. I did sneak out a few times, but that was dangerous.
Parents came down and picked me up, which let me sneak off and have at it for 3 or 4 days, while I was still there.

I, being the true believer back then, of course confessed, and was disfellowshipped for a year.

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: September 24, 2013 06:38PM

The Late Former Husband did the nasty on his mission to Sweden back in the '60s. He got ex-ed and sent home.

I was a convert of almost two years when I met him. He told me about it after several months of dating. I was ignorant and thought I was doing a good thing in marrying him so he could get back into the church. What a mistake that was!

I never told our kids, who are in their thirties.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2013 06:39PM by desertwoman.

Posted by: exmo101 ( )
Date: September 24, 2013 08:16PM

2 situations:

1) One companion kept sneaking out to meet the EQ presidents wife at the church. This went on for month. Both ex'ed. She was a HOTTTTTT young lady (proly 22). Very humilitating for her husband.

2) A friend of mine, lived in an apt above a store, where a non-member british family owned/operated the store. They had a pretty 18 yead old girl. He convinced her into marrying her at the justice of the peace before doing her. They could not ex him. He snook out at noon while his comp was taking a nap, married her, and then came back to announce his wife just after his comp woke up. His comp was like, "WTF...no way." He stayed w/ her in England for 4 months, annulled it via his atty dad, then they took his ass home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.