Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 08:09PM

1997-99
Graphic Design

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exmo-lesbo ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 08:41PM

music 90-92

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 08:46PM

Fun, partying, girls, fooling around. 69-70

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 09:41PM

Southbound-
Did you know a Susanne from Star Valley?

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 01:43PM

I knew a Carolie from there.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 08:53PM

86 87 theater

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 09:42PM

1966-67 Art, History and General Wasting Time 101.....Ensign Hall- 3rd North

Ron Burr

Posted by: justbnme ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 09:46PM

87-89 science

Posted by: visiting ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 09:52PM

89-90 And then I transferred!

Posted by: darkshadow ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 09:55PM

86-89 data processing

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 10:26PM

My mom attended 38-39. I was looking at her yearbook yesterday. There were about 100 students in each class.

So weird.

Posted by: packerroo ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 10:32PM

Spring 1977 I was kicked out on the last day for refusing to cut my hair and shave before I could take my finals.I did tell the faCULTy and Deans and possibly Henry B. to all go to HELL as I interuped the end of the year lunchen.

Posted by: brassplates ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 11:05PM

Art/Graphic Design 1981-82

Leon Parson, Richard Bird. Both good at their craft. Leon is a gifted artist but pigeon-holed into Outdoor Life covers forever. His brother Del is probably better known to the LDS minions.

I enjoyed the learning atmosphere for a time. Then, I met students who had disconnected from the church. There was a kid on campus named Spice who kept getting in trouble with the school and the local law enforcement. I found that my room-mates weren't really into the church and I felt the same way. I can remember going to a prick-hood meeting for a huge crowd in the basketball arena and I got up and feigned illness after enduring 2 hours of hearing that I was a big fat sinner and couldn't endure to the end.

Funny, I went back to the apartment changed into jeans and walked over to the local cowboy bar, bought a beer and played pool until 12am.

I guess I wasn't a very good Mormon RM. In spite of all that I had been through (mission, temple, guilt, attend a church school), the message wasn't getting into my big fat head. I think that deep down I knew I was being played and didn't want to play their game. Now, years later I get it all. Looking backward sure is fun and eye-wetting at times.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 11:08PM

97-98 Computer Science

(and playing Goldeneye007 in my dorm 24/7)

Posted by: Cowboy Jesus ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 11:14PM

Emotional Manipulation and Generals, the Bunk House.

Posted by: what me worry ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 11:22PM

77-81 with a 2 year break. science. at the “hunk" house.

Posted by: anon ricks ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 10:17AM

I lived at the bunk house my freshman year 79-80.

It was a lot of fun, as I remember there were semi-crazy freshman guys and self righteous RMs that lived there. The RMs were always trying to calm the freshman down.

Carriage House supplied the females for the ward. AT the start of the year the freshman girls were all excited about the freshman guys and thought the RMs were prudes. But by the end of the year, the girls were getting nervous that they were going to end up being old maids, so many decided that those RMs weren't so prudish after all and many were engaged by the end the year.

What a blanked up culture.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 11:21AM

who broke my heart and stomped all over it. He lived at the Bunkhouse, 79-80.

Posted by: anon ricks ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 12:32PM

was he from Eureka CA

Date: October 03, 2013 12:46PM

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: October 02, 2013 11:25PM

69-71, music - violin. Had a good time. Wish I could do it all over though and I would have gone somewhere else and majored in something useful.

Carol

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 12:55AM

66-67; Ensign 1st North 'Mom' Shail, I loved her.

Ron: remem the miserable winter walks 'downtown' to 'the old womens dorm' for meals before the new cafeteria was completed?

I do... BRRRRRRR!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2013 11:22AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: lwilkescarey ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 01:47AM

90-92 Theatre, switched to Education and finally to General Studies.
I living in the dorms and on College Ave.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 09:41AM

I put two kids through there, '93 and '95.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 10:06AM

I'm an oldie too. Ricks 74-75. Husbandology major.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 10:27AM

The High School on the Hill - Ahh, yes. 1981, played for one of the sports teams - good time had by all. Tons of cute girls, not all of them Molly's (but a lot sure were), cool RA in our liberal apt building, only two roommates in place designed for six. Colder than a well digger's ass in January, but lots of dances and student activities to keep one busy.

The sports teams drove a lot of school spirit then...sounds like it would be kind of boring to attend now.

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 10:41AM

75-76 Ensign Hall third floor what a blast! We had so much fun that year. Pennying guys into their rooms. Jumping off the balcony outside our windows into the snow drifts below. Sneaking into a room in the middle of the night and turning on the floor buffer and letting it go in the room with the sleeping guys. One time we even took a guys whole room and set it up on the balcony outside his window, bed and all.

Those were good times. We had a resident assistant (RA) who was a party animal so we had beer and girls on our floor all the time. Never went to church one time that entire year.

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 11:04AM

80-84 Art's & Sciences, Track & Field

Date: October 03, 2013 11:18AM

Boy chasing, church avoiding, money & time wasting.

Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 11:52AM

Husband exmo went there in the 70s. Trying to figure out the timing. I think 74/ 75. I remember his stories about the cattle call marathon dating to find his Eternal Companion. And I remember his sexist comments about how one young woman said she was there for her MRS and how he hated her saying that though he was doing the exact same thing.

I LOVE his story of how his exwife told him she had had a revelation she would marry him. She was an old maid by Mormon standards 27, I think and he was older than the usual inmates. Her field was limited. lol. Any way she bought her own engagement ring. Wow. I cant believe this was going on in the 70s. Weird.

Posted by: Heathjh ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 12:27PM

90-91 I lived in Sunrise Village before it became boys housing. Our manager was convicted the next year for embezzlement. They charged cleaning fines and pocketed the money.

After that I lived in a house by the post office and then a house near the girls forms.

Any Interior Design majors here from that time frame?

Posted by: solost ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 12:51PM

I probably shouldn't be posting, but...

BYU-Idaho class of 2013
Exercise Physiology

:)

Posted by: Jack Rabbit ( )
Date: October 03, 2013 01:04PM

2000-01. National cross country champions!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.