Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:19PM

I've had this said to me after explaining the mall, the sold radio stations, real estate, tithes etc, and that was the response I got. Anyone else? Or am I the lucky one who gets all the asenine responses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:20PM

Posted by: Mr. Dufayel ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:21PM

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:24PM

If that's true, the Catholic Church is the one true church. It's lots richer than TSCC.

Date: February 03, 2011 09:30PM

You all are an endless supply of responses I can use. Thanks

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:43AM

Here's 2 more for you:

1) Wow, so Hugh Hefner must really be doing God's work then!! He's incredibly rich, so that proves that God is blessing the Playboy Magazine empire!

2) Yeah, because Jesus was really into money wasn't he? Though I seem to recall something about you can't serve God and money....

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:51AM

Without him and his spirit brother Steve Jobs none of us would be on RfM.

Posted by: chiefluma ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:51AM

Hey suckafoo you back, HI!

Yeah, Why is money so important to the TB Church. Inc.

I asked that one day to the bisp. He said is was God's will to have money like the US gov. ???? for what??? he didnt say? To build temples , yeah right!

Jesus stated he didn't care for money, he didn't like the rich, he didn't like the respected!

He cared for the poor, the sick, and the outcasts!!!

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:57AM

Mormons love to talk about how Jesus visits the apostles in the SLC temple. I have a feeling that if Jesus ever did really visit the Salt Lake temple it would be to dismantle it and sell off the gold, chandeliers, etc. to provide for the needs of the poor, the widows, and the fatherless.

Posted by: chiefluma ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:04AM

Very very good post!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I agree, he would do that in a heart beat, and would help the poor!!!

Again back in lots of posts about the homeless panhandling right in front of the temple gates... What if that was "john the baptist" he had the long hair type and lived in the outcast world. The members TBM's would walk right by him, and ingnore him all the way to the their gates, and would judge him in 3 sec's flat.

Date: February 04, 2011 08:07AM

Thanks chief. Those last two sentences stir my heart about Jesus caring for the poor and outcast.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2011 08:08AM by suckafoo.

Posted by: Every Member a Janitor ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 08:30AM

I find it particularly arrogant when they point out how much smaller and less prosperous the community of christ is a if it was somehow an indication that the tscc is true

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 09:43AM

The Book of Mormo describes how every time the people, and even the church become rich and self-centered and then inevitably collapse.

Posted by: Mo Larkey ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:00AM

"Mormon 8:37": 37 For behold, ye do love money, and your substance, and your fine apparel, and the adorning of your churches, more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:49PM

Hitler owned everything, his doctrine must've been true.

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:11PM

This church is organized EXACTLY like Jesus' church was when He was on earth, complete with the Deseret Management Corp. "for profit arm." What's a true church without making a few billion in profits each year?

Just one question: What did Jesus call His "for profit arm?"

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:42PM

we'll never know how rich he was either.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:46PM

When the church stopped publicly reporting its income and expenses in 1959 it had spent $8 million more than it had in income. I wonder how deep in debt the church is today with its real estate exposure? Does anyone really believe that the church is better off after the "housing bubble" popped?

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:29PM

Well, Jesus must've not been blessed then, as he qwas but a poor carpenter and later not have 'a place to lay his head' as he himself said. He said plentymore about 'riches', but I don't want to come accross as preaching. The early christians were living in catacombs and at times killed by lions in the Roman arenas. So much for the "Prosperity Gospel"
Only the recipients seem to get rich by preahing this.

Posted by: klj ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:36PM

Another prime example of being opposite of Jesus/God...

Jesus could have decided to come as the richest ruler the world has ever know...however, this is just one of numerous examples where Jesus was known to side exactly opposite of the LDS mentality;

Jesus said, "Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but I, the Son of Man, have no home of my own, not even a place to lay my head."

Posted by: Veritas ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 03:00PM

Prosperity gospel flies in the face of so much Christ taught us. An abundance of wealth is a greater onus on the soul than poverity.

Posted by: D. Lamb ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 03:18PM

Goldman Sachs must receive direction from god, they have lots of money. The oil companies and Pharmaceutical companies too must be god inspired. God doesn't care what you do as long a you make lots of money and he'll lead you, guide you and walk beside you. He'll teach you all that you must know...... to start a ponzi scheme with him someday!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 03:25PM

Does that mean that the Church isn't true anymore?

Posted by: Zeno Lorea ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 03:30PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 04:08PM

LDS church still has a world class collection of schlock art. The Catholics have to make do with classic masterpieces.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.