Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonforthis ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 02:22PM

Here's my theory. No one is that good at being genuine. At least some of the apostles and presidency have got to be TBMs, and some are lying SOBs. They protect the innocence of the rest of them. Who would be in which group or are they all lying bastards?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The 1st FreeAtLast ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 02:47PM

"...each new member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is given one million dollars to take care of any financial obligations they have. This money gift allows them to fully focus on the ministry. He said that the overriding consideration of who is chosen is whether they are 'church broke,' meaning, will they do whatever they are told. He said the senior six apostles make the agenda and do most of the talking. The junior six are told to observe, listen and learn and really only comment if they are asked. He said that it takes about two to three years before the new apostle discovers that the church is not true."

(Ref. http://mormonthink.com/grant9.htm)

$1M can buy A LOT of 'sincerity'.

Posted by: wine country girl (NLI) ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 02:55PM

Here's what they say to the newbies:

http://youtu.be/2tsP-YmJ5RQ

Posted by: divorcedacrazymo ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 02:48PM

Peter Lynch of Magellan fame??

Anyway, they're all lying bastards.

Date: October 08, 2013 03:09PM

Just a Lynch reference. He wasn't ever Mormon as far as I know.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 02:55PM

NONE. The only way to be a prophet or an apostle is to fervently disregard fact, truth, personal integrity, and human decency.

Whether they are lying to themselves or duping others, they are among the worst that humanity has to offer. They are dog sh!t.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 02:57PM

blueorchid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
They are dog sh!t.

That's mean! That's a horrible, mean thing to say about dog sh!t!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2013 02:57PM by wine country girl.

Date: October 08, 2013 03:01PM

You are right. I apologize to all dogs everywhere.

Date: October 08, 2013 03:10PM

+1

Date: October 08, 2013 03:11PM

Wrong spot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2013 03:11PM by peterlynch.

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 03:01PM

I managed to read something that I shouldn't have read, and I can say for certain that one of the apostles genuinely believes.

I reckon there must be a few that don't believe though, but I'd imagine most of them do.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 03:29PM

I watched about 2 minutes of elder bednar's tithing talk. I had to stop. There was something about his eyes that put me off. They were just 2 black holes. No emotion behind them at all. Like he was just a robot, parroting the party line. If he is genuine anything, he's genuinely been brainwashed.

Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 04:28PM

I think getting a look behind the scenes is a jolt to the system. Also, knowing other GAs would mean questioning their decsions and seeing screw ups and innappropriate behavior. Plus you'd be shown things and be asked questions you just can't answer all the time.

It wouldn't surprise me if GAs start doubting.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 04:34PM

The way Holland acted during the interview with the British guy was very telling. His body language and speech patterns told me everything about him... He doesn't believe and is putting on a false front. This guy is a complete faker and I can tell it gnaws at him, but he's trapped.

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 04:38PM

Would you happen to have a link to that interview or know where to find it? Thanks!

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 04:51PM

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 09:45PM

Thank you very much!

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:45AM

rationalist01 Wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNHM7I1WJIk

I made the mistake of reading the comments from die-hard Mormon tbms. Ugh. Judging by the poor grammar and spelling mistakes and the outright disjointed thoughts, these commenters would be the new 18 yr old mishies that the Mo-mos bandy about.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 04:56PM

The one million is just the tip of the iceberg. We do not know what happens under the table, outside of seeing some property records, knowing books sales, and executive positions in LDS companies.

We do not know the other perks, such as contracted services to insiders, tax free money under the table, tuition for family members, huge political power in Utah etc.

My guess is that each of these executives get millions of dollars a year that the membership is unaware of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2013 04:57PM by deco.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 06:55PM

They are all impersonators, charlatans and fakirs.

Each and everyone of them know it.

They also know that the gig is almost up!

Hence Dieters inoculation talk of "mistakes were made" and the "come join us...come back shane" talk.

Dieters talk was a trial balloon to see how much the TBM's would misinterpret its meaning for future admissions of Corporate screw-ups.

And it's looking again like TBM's bought it hook-line-& sinker!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 06:59PM

I believe they believe they believe. Because perception is reality, that's all that matters.

Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 07:37PM

A GENUINE BIGOTED MYSOGYNISTIC BASTARD

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 08, 2013 09:52PM

Mark Twain wrote: Show me where a man gets his corn pone (soup), and I'll show you where he gets his opinions.

I worked in the fibre-board industry for twenty five of my working years and have a small pension to show for it. You'll never hear me trash talk synthetic wood.

For Mormon leaders, their income is their faith. Never believe a paid salesman.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 05:21AM

I don't believe you can rise that high in such a corrupt organization without stepping on many necks and pulling the wool over a lot of eyes.

They are accomplished liars who would not hesitate to look you straight in the eye, smile, and pick your pocket. They are all crooks and they all know it.

They have way too much invested in that pile of garbage that passes for a religion to ever admit that any of it might smell bad.

Date: October 10, 2013 10:30AM

Thank you Don and catnip. That is exactly it.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 01:00PM

Don Bagley Wrote:
> I worked in the fibre-board industry for twenty
> five of my working years and have a small pension
> to show for it. You'll never hear me trash talk
> synthetic wood.

Ah, composition board--a mishmash of rendered wood product fashioned into something which passes for the real thing, and serves certain limited purposes. Great analogy for the syncretistic mishmash of Mormon theology. Nothing but doctrinal woodchips, glued together.

(No offence to your stellar career, Don!)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 07:27AM

Genuine assholes.

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 10:33AM

They are all liars and they do so knowingly. The leaders of the church have been in on the scam from the start.

If you doubt it, read:
http://mormonleaks.com/

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 02:34PM

Probably the same percentage of the top leadership of the Roman Catholic Church.

Date: October 11, 2013 11:58PM

It is so nice to receive honest opinions here. Not the sugar coated kind you get from TBMs.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:20AM

HERE'S THE BOTTOM LINE:

Many of you have posted on here about the instances when you have met the GAs in public. Their behavior gives them away.

Pure Assholes

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 12:48PM

Sorry--I posted this a couple of days ago as a separate thread which didn't get much response. But I think it's apropos. For "genuine" just substitute "sincere."

A recurring theme on this board is the sincerety of belief, or its lack, on the part of TSCC's leadership. I have my own views on the question, but in the end it doesn't matter. Even if we concede their sincerety, they are lamentable human beings, because sincerety, in itself, is a highly overrated virtue.

The Albigensians (or Cathars), Medieval heretics from Catholicism living in southern France, were unquestionably sincere. But equally sincere were their persecutors, the crusaders sent against them by Pope Innocent(!?) III. At the massacre of the citizens of the city of Beziers, a Cistercian monk is reputed to have been asked by a soldier how they were to distinguish Catholics from Cathars. The "man of God's" answer: “Kill them all. God will recognize his own.” And these sincere Christians proceeded accordingly. As many as 20,000 men, women, and children were murdered.

Unmitigated sincerety of belief has triggered some of history's most woeful episodes right up to the present day. The 9/11 hijackers were sincere in their beliefs. So what? In my mind, they are nevertheless contemptible. Sincerety must be tempered by empathy and a willingness to admit fallibility or it is mere fanaticism. Even Oliver Cromwell, in exasperation, once said "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." Too bad he didn't often take his own advice.

So sincerety of belief does not excuse the big 15 for perpetuating a fraud. Nor does it excuse the ordinary exploited and oppressed average members for aiding and abetting that perpetuation. We may well pity them, empathize with their plight, and try to live with them as comfortably as we can, but in the end their very sincerety is the lamentable reason that they live lives of quiet desperation.

Just-sayin'-again-ly yrs,

S

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.