Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: volrammos ( )
Date: October 09, 2013 08:31PM

I think so. What a meaningless life not putting any value into ones own or others struggles. Met many older people who lack any form of humbleness, they always think in terms good/bad, friendly/evil, worthy/not worthy.

I meet wonderful people to, but every time I met a person who seems to learn nothing from life I start to doubt humanity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: October 09, 2013 08:44PM

Maybe you should doubt humanity...

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 02:04AM

That's my Mormon father. He learned nothing. How can I advance, knowing that Dad is a dirtbag? That's my burden. I am born of evil, Mormon evil.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 02:11AM

wow... not my experience. I am continually learning. I love life, my New Normal as a widow living alone after 50 years of marriage.
I have a very supportive group of friends and relatives.
We have a lot of fun, laugh a lot, share experiences.
I'm often shocked by some people's inhumanity. But that's the exception.

Posted by: quasi-anon ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 02:37AM

A lot of therapists would be out of work.

My DH is a mental health counselor, and he just shakes his head when he sees clients jump like kangaroos from one horrible relationship to another. And they wonder why they are still miserable. . .

Posted by: doubtisavirtue ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 03:00AM

Lots of people learn from experience. The problem is they have to actually be willing to first, and many people aren't. Also, even when they are willing, it tends to happen more gradually than people would like, so it's hard to see the progress in real time.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 09:13AM

A lot of people learn the wrong lessons from life. Like two people who go to jail- one gets out a better man willing to stay out of trouble, while the other becomes bitter and continues to get into trouble blaming all his woes on society.

Like the glass that is half empty or half full, people learn and live according to their perception of the glass. Life's lessons are then learned based upon either gratitude or jealousy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.