Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 01:05AM

"To those who have separated themselves from the Church, I say, my dear friends, there is yet a place for you here."

Uh, you know if I go back that I'm going to get treated like masticated and digested dog food. There may be a place for me there, according to Dieter, but it wouldn't be a happy place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 01:13AM

No, it wouldn't be your happy place. That's one thing we all know for certain. Stay free; keep your own mind...don't go back to the bull$hit, whatever the enticement is!!

Posted by: finalfrontier ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 01:45AM

No Mr. Uchtdorf. I have chosen to live by so-called christian principles(as if Jesus was the first one to implement being 'good'). Unfortunately, your church prevents me from living them. Perhaps if you yourself and your GA buddies lived by them, there would be a place for me. Till then, well, keep the church failing. I like to see people leaving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2013 01:46AM by finalfrontier.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 03:03AM

There is no place for ME in Mormonism.

They might want me to be there and act like them, but the REAL
ME is not wanted there. The REAL ME knows things about
Mormonism that the REAL ME thinks are germane to many of the
discussions that go in in GD classes and Priesthood meeting
classes. If the REAL ME were to attend the LDS Church and
contribute what the REAL ME knows and thinks, then the REAL ME
would be kicked out on my butt.

They may want the zombie me back but they don't want ME.

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 03:09AM

+1

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 08:43AM

Posted by: colorado ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 07:13PM

Maybe I should try that Baura? Instead of keeping to myself about doctrine that is taught during the block time, I will instead, engage in the discussion of what the facts are and see if they will still want me there. I can then point out that I have an invitation from Mr. U himself...

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 03:32AM

AND WE'RE WAITING TO PUT YOU IN IT!

Posted by: popeyes ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 08:59AM

Come back, but know that you will be demoted.

Posted by: LabansWidow ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 10:20AM

Unfortunately for me, that "place" would be as a second class citizen (I'm a woman), now and (according to Mormon doctrine) forever. I've had enough of feeling worthless, thanks.

Posted by: popeyes ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 11:16AM

I am a man but for me I was treated like a second class citizen for the last 32 years. Leaders never seemed to trust me. I am fat, smart, loyal, but I do voice my opinion occasionally. I once advise the SP to release a HC because the HC's kids were going to hell-in-a-hand-basket. I was ignored. The top of my head is still sore from the glass ceiling. I think I would be active today if I had increasing levels of responsibilties Funny how God answers prayers. I am so greatful for my own thoughts now.

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 11:22AM

I´m sure he has a place for my money.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 02:09PM

That's right. You don't have to return and face the shame. Just mail in your tithing and we'll call it good.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 02:14PM

There wasn't a place for all the women who wanted to attend the priesthood session of conference.

Posted by: toast ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 02:25PM

He says to come back yet he says "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" so are you really saying there is room for doubters of the church in the church or only room for doubters of doubts about the church?

Seems conflicting

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 04:47PM

Demoted is correct. I haven't attended RS in a about three years and the RS pres. came by a few months ago and asked me to be the RS pianist. I left the church after being an RS counselor and having other leadership positions. The thought that came to my mind, right after I laughed a little and said no, was I'm back at the bottom of the ladder. I had already told the bishop I wanted no calling so to be called by the RS pres. was another strange thing. I was so glad to be done with it all that I could just say no and not feel guilty.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 05:17PM

I'll go back when they dump the BS and start paying me 10%. I might attend sacrament meeting if they start using cookies and milk for the sacrament.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 06:51PM

If they dumped the BS no one would recognize the Mormoney church. Ain't that a pleasant thought.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 07:42PM

"To those who have separated themselves from the Church, I say, my dear friends, there is yet a place for you here"
Nice words, Dieter. However, I read Oaks and Bednar's talks as well as yours. They seem to disagree with you. I happen to believe THEM! TSCC does not want my a$$ in the pew.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 09:07PM

Puke Dork needs to be a little more discreet with his invites. He would'nt like me.

Posted by: outsider ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 01:19AM

Umm. No. They wouldn't want me back, especially in any Gospel Doctrine class.

Or if they want me back, it would only on the condition that I'm gagged.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 01:31AM

The "unchanging" church has changed so much in the 30+ years since I left, I would not recognize it or feel comfortable there. It's also confirmation of its total falsehood.

Doubt your doubts? What kind of baloney is that? Investigate your doubts and trust your gut.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.