Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: flyinghigh ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 07:42PM

Two young missionaries have been killed. One in Mexico and one in California. This is becoming very tragic indeed. All this utter tragedy and heartache because of a despicable and shameless Cult of satanic Mormon wolves in Salt Lake. It makes me sick to my stomach.
Surely there has to be some sort of investigation regarding conditions and the demands enforced upon these young people.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865588122/Mormon-missionary-dies-in-Mexico-from-electrical-wire-injuries.html

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27202347&nid=960

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2013 08:40PM by flyinghigh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: calling41 ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 08:21PM

This is very sad. The church must be questioned and held accountable for these tragic deaths, before there are any others. If the members accept these awful tragedies without questioning, then the brainwashing runs very deep.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 09:20PM

How awful!!! It is all SO sad!!

Posted by: God ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 09:33PM

I have been angered by the Mormons for long enough. It's time to nip it...nip it in the bud. Time to eliminate the sales force. 2 missionaries in 2 days is no accident...The Great I Am is angry. Shut down, Mormons!

Posted by: heypal ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 10:05PM

FTA..."The missionaries lived on the second story of the building and needed to WALK ON A LEDGE to get back inside. There was a LIVE WIRE HANGING and it brushed against him and the shock pushed him off the building."

What? What kind of crap living arrangement was that? Shame, shame, shame, TSSC.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 03:55AM

That's NOT an accident. It's negligence on the part of the mormon church.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 07:36AM

Walking on a ledge with live dangling wires to enter a residence??

There's no excuse for such a despicable situation.

Posted by: stellerone ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 03:42AM

How awful. What must their families being going through? Why do the members accept these awful tragedies?
They are only young teenage boys, completely unprepared for the world, who are sent out to work as slaves for an organisation that doesn't care enough to provide them with decent comforts and safety they deserve.
It is so heartbreaking for their families but it is shameful and criminal neglect by these religious bas---ds in the Mormon church.

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 03:52AM

"There's plenty more where they came from."

Joseph FuckFace Smith DOC 666

This $hit needs to stop now!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 04:28AM

Over here in Europe, an organization like the church would be liable, even if there was no negligence or recklessness involved. They send out these kids, so they are liable.

How does that work in the US?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 07:38AM

Except that mormon parents aren't likely to pursue a court case or pay out.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 05:00AM

I would LOVE to file a class action against the church. A dream of mine ever since I became a lawyer. I wonder if any of the family would step up to be named plaintiffs. Or I fear most of them would think sacrificing their child for the church is noble. Sickening.

My DH served in the Phillipines. Contracted an amoeba or something that nearly killed him. Same with a friend who served in Argentina. Another friend served in Mexico and was mugged a few times and almost was crushed to death by a crumbling ceiling of their inhabitable apartment. Another friend served in London and was beaten up so badly he actually was sent home.

I wonder what kind of liability release these kids sign before going. My sis in law is submitting her papers very soon. I'm gong to ask if there is one (I'm certain there is. Church lawyers are not joke).

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 05:06AM

How about this. Why don't we go back through all the back
issues of the ENSIGN and photocopy off all the stories of how
someone avoided a possible tragedy by listening to the
"promptings of the spirit," and how thankful they were that
they lived "close to the spirit."

Then lets send the collection of stories to the parents and
family of the deceased missionary with a note saying, "I guess
your son wasn't living close to the spirit."

Cruel?

It would be unbelievably cruel to do that. But isn't that the
message that TSCC gives when it prints all those stories? All
the promises that if your are WORTHY and live CLOSE TO THE
SPIRIT then you will be protected etc. Then when something
like this happens what is a Mormon to think? Isn't this a
contributing factor to the high use of anti-depressants in
Utah? People are constantly told that if they live the gospel
they will be happy. If they're not happy then they must NOT
be living the gospel. That's enough to drive anyone to drugs.

This is the kind of emotional collateral damage that is
produced when a cult makes grandiose claims for itself.
Members for whom those claims don't work out end up eating
themselves up from the inside.

effin' cult

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 06:12AM

I wonder how the mission presidents are living? How much are they paid? What are their living conditions like?

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 07:26AM

Go to page 80 of the Missionary President Handbook and you will see that mission president are compensated quite well as opposed by the squalor that the missionaries are expected to live under.

https://arch.../...

RfM won't allow link to the site.

House, car, round-trip tickets for children to visit, tuition for children for college, private schools, gifts (Christmas, birthday, anniversary, etc. reimbursement), gardener, housekeeper, cook, rent, phone, etc. Check it out.

See David Twede's blog.

http://...

You will have to google Mormonthink David Twede, Pay Lay Missionary, etc.

It kind snuffs out the whole "unpaid clergy" lie, doesn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 07:36AM by No Mo.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 07:28AM

Put your workers on bicycles and then send them out in traffic. What could possibly go wrong?

Date: October 12, 2013 08:25AM

The Ensign articles sounds an interesting idea with a realistic chance of success. The members certainly need a serious wake up call. Surely when this blatant contradiction is explained to them, in the manner you suggest, that would be the eureka moment that would finally ignite in their brain.
The members, and certainly the families of these young and vulnerable people, should be flocking en masse to the COB or
wherever these fu--ing Mormon apostolic conmen are holed up.
They should be demanding that action be taken and stop this wreckless and criminal exploitation of these young teenagers.
Again, this Mormon Cult would never get away with these scandalous fatalities of young people in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 08:27AM by flyinghigh.

Date: October 12, 2013 05:40AM

This outrage and negligence by the Mormon church would not be tolerated by the UK authorities. It would seem in the USA, which is full of right wing christian factions, they get off scot free from any responsibility whatsoever. How is this? It is beyond belief! Utterly sickening!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 06:08AM

Read the comments to the stories and you can see why the church isn't held responsible. No one said that at $450/month (or whatever is cost now), I expect some safety for my child. I don't see mission presidents dying or living in unsafe conditions.

I wonder if the church does a cost analysis for a death of a missionary vs. loss of further income?

Posted by: SeaNeverMo ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 07:03AM

How soon until they stop reporting on the deaths? The number is getting embarrassing, and they won't want members thinking that serving a mission is dangerous.

Posted by: dontwanttobeanLDSidiot ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 07:32AM

I'll say the same thing I said on the other post.

This is seriously outraging. Such greedy and cheap ass bastards that run TSCC. How about a public statement to apologize and promise to start taking better care and make some new safety policies? But no...they just try to pretend this was all unavoidable.
What more do members need to start a riot at Church Headquarters? At least start waking up to the bullshit. I know its not the best way to handle things, but I just don't know how else these leaders will actually listen to common decency.

Posted by: Interested Observer ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:42AM

I don’t wish to sound flippant but does anyone really believe that the cult would want to stop these deaths? I’m quite sure that the leaders of this evil organization would like to say something like this.
"This is proof of the missionaries being led by the spirit, they are spreading the gospel of Saint Joseph of Palmyra far & wide. Yes we know it's dangerous work but they still insist on going. They are aware that this could result in their deaths but they are nonetheless, happy to dies as martyrs for the LDS church."

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 05:41PM

Two more young and impressionable Mormon boys lose their lives in the service of this evil cult and its super rich and unrepentent apostles of the 2nd anointing. The very same religious bigots who can commit any sin, yet still guaranteed Godhood. This insitutional evil within high ranking Mormonism is active and remains deep rooted among the cult hierarchy. These celestial bas---ds should be languishing in a prison cell!

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 06:04PM

Like!

You have a way with words. Hope to see more of your posts.

Posted by: Joy--but not today. ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 06:14PM

I will get an article from my friend, and post it. It is about how human beings become "desensitized" by rationalizing death away, by thinking it is no big deal, or that God has "willed" a death. This article was not about Mormons, but I believe this applies to them.

It is very upsetting to have a lovely young man killed SENSELESSLY, FOR NO GOOD REASON. It all could have been avoided--first of all the mission, then the absolutely unreasonable living conditions. Whenever any of my children went somewhere to live--even for a summer--I always visited to check it out. I even took a look at their camping gear, and made sure someone was in charge, who knew what they were doing, and whom I knew well. I don't understand how these parents can just let their children go like that! One of my friends sent their son a down sleeping bag, but it was stolen, so she sent him another. One of my nephews slept on a bare floor (slept on top of his clothes out of his suitcase) for almost a month, until TSCC could find facilities for the missionaries. He told about this after the fact, and told us not to tell his grandmother, because she was not a Mormon and would not understand. Well, I was a Mormon, and I didn't understand.

It made me physically sick to read the same old platitudes, such as, "He knew that he was where he should be." and "He loved the Gospel", and the worst one of all, "There will be missionary work for him in heaven" or whatever. At some funerals for young Mormons, they say, "God needed him in Heaven, so He called him home."

"We are as the armies of Helaman" is what they sing in Primary. This is war, and what is the loss of a few missionaries, if more souls can be brought into the kingdom. Barf. (As long as it isn't YOUR son who is sacrificed.) "Hey, Brothers and Sisters, we'll all be together with JS and BY in the Celestial Kingdom--forever, right? What's a lifetime, but a blinking of an eye." My TBM Mormon Royalty family thinks this way.

This type of thinking really de-humanizes people. Like the pioneers of old, they bury one baby, and get pregnant with another. The men lose one wife, but have other wives to take her place. One of the things that proves to me that the cult is evil, is their DISRESPECT of life.

My Mormon family used to make me ashamed of having feelings of loss and sorrow over death. "Where's your faith?" I was more human as a child than they were as brainwashed adults.

Chances are, the Idaho parents can delude themselves into making sense where there is absolutely no sense at all.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:54PM

Missionaries live in some pretty crappy places. The shack we lived in one winter had very little heat and no insulation. Temp was -65 below zero, Fahrenheit. We pulled all the clothes out of our closets and put them on the bed so we wouldn't freeze at night. I guess I should be grateful we didn't have live wires hanging from the ceiling.

Posted by: Anon for this one ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:20PM

Well it never got down to -65F in my apartments. But we did not have adequate heat and kept whatever we did not want frozen in the tiny fridge since it was insulated.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 09:08PM

Lets not forget, there has also been a suicide a couple weeks ago. I think it's safe to give the church credit for that death also.

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:00PM

Always accountability from the members, but zero accountability from the crooks in suits! Liars, hypocrites!

Posted by: fourstar ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:59PM

I cannot even magine the sheer pain and unimaginable horror their loved ones are suffering just now. To lose your child is unthinkable, but to lose him to a multi billion dollar corporation led by prophets and apostles who preside in such self indulgent luxury? The anger and repugnance would know no bounds.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 07:32AM

Anecdotally the run rate for missionary deaths has been between 3 and 6 per annum. We are at double that already for 2013.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 09:05AM

To all the GAs/leaders following this thread:

"FUCK YOU"

My own brother almost died while on his mission in Central America in 1962. He contracted amoebic dysentery. While at the hospital, he contracted hepatitis from an infected needle.

"FUCK YOU AGAIN, ASSHOLE CHURCH LEADERS !!!!"

Date: October 14, 2013 12:51PM

Seemingly an African missionary was also killed very recently in Nigeria. 19-year old Elder Juju Abiyamo, from Lagos, was serving in the Nigeria Enugu mission when he was hit by a bus and died three days ago. Is it just American missionaries that get mentioned in LDS despatches, insultingly scant as it is?

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:14PM

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:29PM

The company I work for puts an insane amount of money into keeping me safe, and I work behind a desk!

The LDS church can't put that much money into keeping missionaries safe and healthy. Then the cost of missions would go up, and their numbers would go down! Converts are more important than health and safety.

If only one of these dead missionaries had an exmo parent.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.