Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tomriskas ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 04:44PM

Just published a new document on Google. Check it out and share your thoughts and suggestions.

If you like it, share the link and let it go viral.

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gGvtJzyca8rlV2qPOyTP7eFjORxEz1wOKX-Drnbk0YE/edit

T

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lasvegasrichard ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 07:51PM

Dang u Tom . Right in the middle of both games . Not fair . Be back later !

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:24PM

Doggone it. My joke got deleted. Once again, I forgot to put the smiley face at the end of a sentence. :) So, without the funny.

Tom, for the brain-dead who enter this religion, you've got some complicated questions. I think they'll have a hard time reading the questions. : )

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 10:27AM

My question is how can god be both omnipotent and rule by consent of the intelligences?

I was taught and it even makes some sense that god/Jesus were able to atone for the sins of the intelligences that have sinned because the intelligences that haven't sinned loved god/Jesus soooooo much. However if god/Jesus failed to make everyone comply with the prescribed standard i.e. Temple bullshit, the intelligences that haven't sinned would rebel against god/Jesus. "Or else God would cease to be god."

Posted by: tomriskas ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:21PM

Jacob, I think your question assumes too much, i.e. that we know what we're talking about when we speak of "god", "atonement" and "intelligences". How can we sensibly or coherently ask a question about factual non-realities and their relations to each other?

At most your question exposes a possible (if not likely) misunderstanding of what you or others were "taught" regarding the secondary and relational attributes of the Mormon god, the nature of "intelligences", and the conditions and effects that make the "atonement" efficacious, etc.. But such questions can be addressed by imaginatively modifying or reinterpreting the fiction or providing a perfectly logical correction or clarification that would enable a coherent answer to your question to be given. That's what "apologists" do, right?

Then where are we? How many times would seemingly intelligent and informed (and perhaps even "authoritative") answers to such questions need to be offered to make struggling disbelievers doubt their doubts? So for some who are trying to completely cut the cord and be free (or have done so, but perhaps not as completely as believed), such questions not only assume too much, they might be self-defeating as well.

The "questions Mormons must answer" are questions they "cannot" even evasively answer, much less creatively or apologetically answer. This is so because such questions do not trade on the contrived, unintelligible, incoherent and factually vacuous concepts and beliefs of mormonism as if they were intelligible, coherent and factually meaningful.

One last thought. The questions I published, which are treated in much greater scope and depth in my book, are therapeutic for those who desire and want to make a clean and complete break from any and all forms of theism and return to their natural Atheism. They are also useful in fostering real doubt in the minds of believers who publicly engage in religious conversation about god or life after death, or simply "bear testimony". Such questions (particularly of the type presented in Section I: Q's #1-4 and Section II: Q's 1-4 of the document) are designed to function as an anti-virus to fatally destroy any and all metaphysical forms and defenses of the "god virus" and "life after death virus" that have infected the brains of both believers and non-believers.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:29PM

I suppose you are right, but I am an odd duck and sometimes my mind works backwards. I abandoned god and with it Mormonism/deistic religion. (I still worship football) I left not because no one could answer my questions about Mormonism but because no one could tell me why it mattered.

Posted by: bishop Rick ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 01:01AM

Many theists will say god is all powerful. Well, can god create a rock so big that he can't lift it? Think about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.