Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:50PM

Recently, my DW and I read the transcript of the fireside with the Swedish Saints attended by Turley and Jensen.

My wife was struck by how often the GA's spent a lot of time saying that they didn't have enough time to answer questions appropriately.

Something that bothered me was a couple of times that Turley mentioned that answers could be found in a book he published or was about to publish.

Two pre-eminent historians who have represented or do represent the Church and they can't even give answers to historical issues that are dogging many members for free. You have to buy their book. Shameless.

Way to make money off people's questions created by the Church's own unwillingness to answer them. Nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iris ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:02PM

I thought the same thing. They spent an incredible amount of time outlying the program, and put off answering any of the questions...only referring to a to-be-published book that would be coming out soon. So that's the end of 2010 and we're nearing the end of 2013. Nothing. Or was something published by them and I missed it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 01:02PM by iris.

Posted by: Hold Your Tapirs ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:08PM

iris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So that's the end of 2010 and
> we're nearing the end of 2013. Nothing.

It seems like the release of these so-called answers is always around the corner.

"Just hold on for a little while longer, the answers are coming soon."

UGH!!!

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:27PM

You'll never know if they ever get published, because the church isn't going to advertise it. They don't want to draw any attention to these problems. They'll probably give them to the stake presidents and say that you'll have to arrange a meeting in order to see the "answers". You won't be allowed to make copies, take pictures, etc...

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:50PM

was into the soon to be revealed answers game. It must be one thing in Mormonism that hasn't changed - the continuing promise of answers that just wait into LDS Inc. changes and creates more questions than answers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.