Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: decieved for years ( )
Date: October 17, 2013 08:00PM

I wonder if this is a dead end or what. Posted a number of times about whats happening with the group which seemed so strong starting out, but then suddenly.....NOTHING.
Anybody have interest?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 18, 2013 10:01AM

Guess not.
Looked like the group of people were interested when it was going but guess it was just to much to expect it to last, and after several inquiries as to wtf happend, and not one response it is apparent it is a dead end.
I give up. Best of luck all.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 11:29AM

Once a month works best for us. Even my nonmormon chocolate making husband said that was a fun group when we meeting up with them again. I think once a month would be doable for us.

I am in the Davis County FB group. I was tempered by Margie hour but not on a work night. I have Weds off so Tuesday happy hour works for me.

I saw a sign Granny Annie's in Bountiful was open Sunday's. They are pretty good. I know there is one in Kaysville too. I think they have good space. I will verify they are still doing Sunday's since their website states otherwise. Maybe that would be cool. We could go for breakfast at no loss and if anyone else shows up would be cool.

Date: October 18, 2013 01:09PM

Davis County ex-mormons is on FB. It's a secret group so you have to be invited. Not very active... but its something.

Date: October 18, 2013 02:23PM

Yes Granny Annie's on Main in Bountiful is open Sundays now 7-2. Kaysville Granny Annies isn't though. They got coffee and scones.

Date: October 18, 2013 02:26PM

A secret group. Hmm. Sounds like what we were pulling away from. All the secret temple rituals. Secret handshakes. Secret vows of silence and even secret, secrets. I personally think meeting like we did in the park or wherever out in the light of day was pretty good. Why now instead secret groups on facebook? And to be a part of this now you have to be invited? Is a worthness interview now required by any chance? Do you recieve a secret pass or card to get in on the "secret" gathering of folks? Wtf? I thought a open, easy way to gather for "Recovering" folks was the idea here. Are people here so rattled that they worry TBM's might disscover when they are meeting?
Sounds like what we were getting away from in the first place.
Good luck with your new club of invites only.
The more things seemed to change, the more they really just stayed the same.An open group,that gathered, without a concern for "secrets" and cloak and dagger meetups was my desire.
A shame indeed. Have fun.

Posted by: darksprout ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 04:18PM

It's secret so that TBM family and friends can't see our interaction with an exmormon group and give us grief about it on Facebook. Some of us aren't ready to advertise our disbelief.

I know Jangdai has posted multiple times about this, with her email, so that she can send out invites.

Don't be so dramatic.

Date: October 18, 2013 06:50PM

Dramatic huh? Now Facebook is needed for a security blanket? Now that is dramatic I would say.
Wtf happend to having the courage to just gather, calmly as a group and relaxing and relating in a mellow setting amongst ourselves?. It happens all over the place. Guess just not here{Davis County}
How this FB thing got involved is a totalY different can of worms. Facebook and live meet-ups if you look at it are two completly different things and have there advantages. The fact people want to play on FB is fine, but how did it morph into a "secret" society all of a sudden due to FB?
Maybe it is best some of us seek other options if there are those here that feel paranoid all of a sudden due to the fact they now feel they must give up what was a good begining after a couple real,live meet-ups in favor of the supposed security of some FB hid-a-way link.
Nothing wrong with the option of a FB site in addition to live get togethers, but this sounds like a cop-out IMHO, for what it's worth. I am just one grain of sand on the beach, so who cares? But it is really sad that what started out as a REAL promising thing, fell flat. Oh well.
I for one thought the idea of "coming out" of this fkn' cult meant a chance to get away from "secrets" and being a 'bit more open with our feelings and each other.
But most of all it was hopefully getting away from the total BULLSHIT paranoia and control of TSCC and those that feel they can inflict pain and judgement upon all of us by judging our actions,beliefs,freedoms that we are seeking.
Again, best of luck. Hope the journey out is successful and continues for all that wish to escape. That's all I wanted for my little group I wanted to bring to the table here, and thought gain strenth through numbers. Thanks anyways.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2013 07:05PM by decieved for years.

Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 09:22PM

No need to be upset about it. We had a great turnout the first week. Then next week Jangadai and I missed each other by a few minutes, but nobody else was able to make it. Now it's too cold and we can't even meet at that park anymore.

The facebook group is very available for anyone interested to join. Just let us know, I'm pretty sure I posted something about it a month or so ago. But nothing is really happening with it right now.

It's obvious that you have a need to meet and visit with other exmormons and there are other meetups, there's an ogden group that meets up every other sunday, check out Ogden Post mormons on Meetup .com. Then there's the SLC Kafieno (sp?) meetup every week.

I don't know when somebody will arrange another Davis County meet up, but I'm sure it will happen sooner rather than later. I would still like to do a movie night at my home, but I have been extremely busy lately and can hardly find time to clip my toe nails, so once I get all 10 of those taken care of I'll get my movie night figured out and invite all the heathens ;)

In short, nobody has replied to you and nothing has been posted because there is nothing going on. Not because we're backstabbing jerks who are meeting in secret alleyways after dark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2013 09:25PM by Frightened Inmate #2.

Date: October 18, 2013 11:14PM

Nobody imlpied "Backstabing" anything, or you were jerks or otherwise.
As for the "no response", just because nothing has happened, it was kind of ignorant and does not warrant a total who cares silence if someone posts numerous times, not just a time or two.
It was really my fault that I did catch on and give it up weeks ago, but stupidly, I thought even a simple response, even if it was "we haven't any interest lately" or "it is too cold" was not to much to expect. Looking back, it was kind of silly after 5-6 weeks of inquiring on and off what happend to this thing that we failed to see the thing had no future or real interest.
I really should of seen it coming when after the first week everyone was bickering about how often it was going to be held and if we needed to "merge" with Ogden and the rest of it.
As for us, we all did fine finding our way before we tried this, and will do so again now that we finally know the score. Our original intent was in becoming a part of a larger, involved group. We have about 7 folks that were interested in becoming a part of such a group, but most blew it off a couple weeks back when they saw the lack of interest to even respond to my attempts to follow this through.
They warned me I was wasting my time, but I remained to take the initiative to push through till I got the answer to what was going on. Now I know. Most in our circle just thought it might be helpfull to give it a try here. Really dont feel a FB thing is for us. I will pass the word to any of the others in our 'lil cicle of heathens that might want to be in on the FB thing though.
Hope it works out for you guys and you find a influx of dedicated people to carry on.
We will be just fine getting back to our "roots" so to speak. We are all just after alot the same things when it gets down to it. Our mistake was we just thought it would be taken a little more seriously and be a 'bit more organized thats all.
Good luck to you guys.

Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 11:50PM

you sound like you would be a blast at a party.

Posted by: utahfantasy ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 12:39PM

Facebook group?

Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 09:10PM

If you post your email address we can send an invite to whomever is interested

Posted by: jangadai ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 01:30AM

If anyone is interested, all are welcome, Davis county folks or anyone else interested in being a part of the group. You can still contact me at jangadai@gmail.com and I will add you to the fb group. It's growing slowly and I'm excited we are able to be a support to those around us going through our issues.

And frightened inmate, whenever you're ready to do your party, I'm sure it'll be a blast! I'm still excited to meet you and your family and others in the area. (And hopefully you'll have trimmed up toenails for the event... ;)

Date: October 19, 2013 01:32AM

I am still interested. I think it will take time to get our group going as it is still small.

I personally had some illness and big family changes come up so I haven't been involved much. I am still interested though, but I just ask of your and other's patience. Thanks for the post, I'm glad to see people are still hanging in there with our little group!

Date: October 19, 2013 01:32AM

This was supposed to be a reply to the OP :)

Date: October 19, 2013 02:15AM

Thanks for your honest, mellow responses jangadai.
Too bad others on this thread are not as interested in keeping low-key.
The fact I just wanted some answers has turned into a piss fight with some people and to deal with that would be futile bullshit.
Hope your efforts work out for ya though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 02:16AM by decieved for years.

Date: October 19, 2013 02:47AM

from no where? Not my usual M.O. but I love to be called a bitch. So if you wanna- have at it. Love an opportunity to shake off my residual Molly identity. Too many fools mistake me for sweet.

This may not be the right group for you. Some folks hadn't come out fully in their communities/families. I thought Jangadai was very considerate in creating the FB group with this in mind. My non Mormon husband wanted to spend the final warm weekends fishing at a couple of lakes he hadn't been to yet. So there was talk of finding an indoor/ coffee place for the cooler months, thus the recommendation.

Date: October 19, 2013 03:11AM

Noway,nohow were you called a bitch by anything I said or by anyone else for that matter as far as I know.
Sad to hear you "love" to be refered to as such.

As for the recomendations for coffee houses and such, I too posted many times suggestions such as Golden Corral,Rainbow Saloon in Roy, A Starbucks,and Grounds for Coffee etc., even made a invite to Wendover for a Sunday afternoon a couple Sundays ago.
Never did get any response to any of these suggestions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 03:23AM by decieved for years.

Date: October 19, 2013 10:42AM

Damn! Trust me when you get called sweet all your life you feel dismissed. If I can say or make anyone stop and think enough to get annoyed or call me a bitch... it becomes a moment.

I am nice by nature and also somewhat naturally invisible to others.

Husband and I talked about Wendover. It sounded like fun... but we have a 10 year hold and our roommate was out of town. So we want fishing. I get to push my arthritic Marine in a wheel chair quite a bit. He can walk short distances and loves to get out doors fishing is something he likes to do and we can do as a family. I suggested fishing as meet up.... got no bites. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 10:55AM by Taddlywog.

Date: October 19, 2013 11:51AM

Glad you have the great oportunity to fish and enjoy. Sounds as though you and your husband have a good thing going there.

Pleased someone here DID see and consider Wendover. It was a longshot, that one I know, but was quite fun. I accumulate and waste 8-10 room vouchers per month out 'cross the desert, after the ones me and mine use, so I am out there alot obviously.
Thought maybe a few could of been used by someone had we of gotten any "Bites". I like that term you used. Thanks for the return post, and happy angling.....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.