Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sebcole ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 03:29AM

I would like to know if there is a prayer or technique that can be used to rid one's self of the occultic, satanic demonisation employed by the church when bestowing upon me the priesthood, my patriarchal blessing, my baptism ritual, and other laying on of hands and communal sacraments and prayer activities which I have saturated my spirit with.
Having been immensely deceived, I am worried about dark energies being inside of me, and riddling my soul with treacherous markings which will make it harder for me to go down the straight and narrow / or spiritual path.
I have searched but not found any info on this. It follows logic that if you seek the white light and get inspiration and blessings from the true good source of power, then the opposite should also be true. There is a lot of darkness inside the rituals which parade a Christ, but upon much research appear to actually be from Satan. This has left me convinced, along with how I feel - that I have asked for these powers to come inside of me (even though unintentionally). A lot of Satanic rituals, include marrying, selling ones soul or worshiping the beast / prince of darkness. I am not sure I have gone this far, but the LDS cult has allowed it a way into me.

Now how to I get it out? I know their are prayers using the name of Christ / white light magick - but I'm not sure I believe in all of this yet, including Christ (the notion has been misrepresented perhaps so many times).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Not logged in ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 05:24AM

Im sure there are plenty of people you could find who would take your money in exchange for "cleansing" you.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 06:27AM

In mormonism? Nothing specific.

Date: October 19, 2013 11:20AM

well gee, i guess no one knows.

Maybe sacrament is also a satanic ritual where we eat flesh and drink blood each week, but hey ho.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 11:25AM

I think the bigger problem is that most posters don't believe in Satan and demons and such. So most people are being polite and not posting something antagonistic.

Date: October 20, 2013 03:17AM

Thankyou for your replies and help. I have wondered about finding Jesus in a non Mormon format. This would involve relearning what the Bible says, and meditating this. Who knows how much the Bible has been altered, with some suggesting that it has been changed into a controlling tool by the illuminated occultists and priests of the day.
Meditation has been a life saver to me and it is how I gain my balance, and synergy.
The reseaqrch I am doing is staggering and there is so much ex Mormon stuff out there and details coming to light. Just a minute ago, I stumbled into Shawn McCraney if any of you know him.

Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 02:44PM

You'll find that many around here have extended their critical thinking past mormonism and on to christianity as a whole. I would recommend you do the same. But as you said, there's a lot to learn, and a lot of information to read and think about. I personally put magic into the same category as leprechauns.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 11:33AM

If you stop believing in Satan, the evil goes away.
:^)

Posted by: armtothetriangle ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 12:24PM

Evil exists in the world, wine country girl, whether you attribute it to satan, greed, malice or mental illness. My thinking is hunger, poverty, injustice, anything that causes people to dispair are evil.

This is where I'd like to go off on tscc for garments, endowments, tokens and all the supersticious crap it uses to blind people and and bind them to itself.

Sebcole, I don't know anything about white magic. To me, it's the flip side of the same coin. "Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." Instead of looking for a cleansing prayer or incantation, you might try praying the Lord's prayer. Also try reading the Psalms in a modern English translation. Any new translation is more accurate than the KJV. "You are all children[a] of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness."

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 01:07PM

My take is that exploring "white magic" is the same magickal (sic), occult world view as witchcraft and "applied" metaphysics. And although I believe in the demonic, I shy away from engaging it ritualistically, as that involves the ecclesiastically and (even more) psychologically complicated matter of exorcism. The problem is that there is a lot of overlap in the symptoms of the demonic and the psychopathogical; they're similar but not the same.

Sebcole, in A.A. they emphasize to "keep it simple." Along with arm-to-the-triangle's advice, above, I would suggest:

1) Get involved in a Biblically based church with stable preaching. I strongly urge you to avoid Pentacostal churches and "deliverance" ministies and the like.
2) Practice a daily regimen of Bible reading, prayer, meditation, and reflection. I recommend the ESV Study Bible. Maintain a spiritual journal for prayer, thoughts, and maybe sermon notes. A good place to start is:

http://rbc.org/

3) Simple repentance of wrongful spiritual actions should probably be sufficient. Admit to God and yourself that LDS involvement was wrong, resolve not to involve yourself in anything similar, accept God's forgiveness as complete, and be sure to forgive yourself, too (1 John 1.5-10).

4) Discuss this with a Biblically based pastor, if necessary, to free yourself from unnecessary anxiety. (Ephesians 5:6-17)

5) If you continue to be troubled with thoughts of affliction, self-harm, evil presences, etc. consider counseling.

Remember, you are saved by Grace, and not by works, rituals, incantations, or special/secret teachings and "wisdom." (Ephesians 2:8-9).

(Ephesians 5:6-17)

Posted by: armtothetriangle ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 11:22AM

Caffiend, leaving this here for you.

While I'm the first to say 'it's a spiritual world,' some things are best left alone.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12

I think tscc has to stay away from "the full armor of God" lesson since it starts with fastening on "the belt of truth."

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 12:39PM

OK, just on the off chance that you're being serious, I will answer your question. Just so you know, I'm Pagan, not Christian. These are the things that I do when doing a cleansing on myself. First, smug yourself with sage (any kind will do). Next, close your eyes, and focus on a white glow surrounding you. Watch the glow slowly go up from your feet, encompasing you to your head. As you watch, you will see both dark spots, or dark threads going out from your body and through the white cocoon. On the smudges, you want to imagine that you are scrubbing the spots until the white is able to totally take over the are and the spot disappears. If it is a thread cut it, and pull it out, allowing the white to fill in where the white was.

When you have gotten everything slowly open your eyes. I would then continue daily meditation, seeing yourself with the white glow and repeating a mantra that represents what you want yourself to become. I use "Love, Gratitude, Compassion". I focus on the emotion of each as I repeat it.

Quite frankly, I don't believe in one "Satan". But there is evil out there and it takes all forms. I personally believe that it is not the ceremony that makes it good or evil, but the intent behind it. While you partook in the Mormon ceremonies, your intent was a positive one, so it would not have drawn evil entities your way.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 01:23PM

The original post has got to be an Onion style parody or something.

Seriously?

All I can suggest is to go to your nearest Catholic exorcist and live out their Linda Blair dream.

Mormons are not as dramatic and glitzy for that kind of demonstration.

The real scare is that some people still think Satan is out to get them in this day and age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2013 01:25PM by dagny.

Posted by: Hern the Hunter ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 03:55AM

It's not a satanic incantatic per say, but there is a Wiccan ceremony equavalent to a baptism or christening. It's called a Wiccaning or Saining. It's neo-pagan more than any thing. I think you'll have to search to find a version meant for an adult.

Google it for more info.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 06:27PM

The best magic for the symptoms you describe might be to get seen by a mental health worker -- no, I'm not being a jerk -- you should get this take care of ASAP.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 07:26PM

I agree with William Law. There really is a method for cleansing your mind of demons. It's the science of psychology. You should keep writing down your thoughts and see a therapist. If you can't afford therapy, find a confidant. My brother is the best therapist I've ever had. Like me, he's an exmo, and he has a good ear. Additionally, I find this board to be very helpful. One of the ways that Mormonism oppresses us is by strength in numbers. This board uses the same strategy in reverse.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 06:31PM

Mormons raise their arm to the square and command satan to depart in the name of Jesus Christ and their priesthood. I've actually seen this done twice.

Apparently only a priesthood holder can do this. So, if satan shows up and its only women in the room, I guess he gets a free pass.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 06:39PM

Mike's Hard Lemonade helps a lot...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.