Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mujun ( )
Date: October 24, 2013 02:27AM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mormonsbuildingbridges/permalink/423032954464238/

Read through all the comments. Not only did the teacher tell his students gay families were not real families, he also declared President Obama to be the Anti-Christ.

It's such a pain when PR efforts to create an image of a kinder, gentler church get thwarted by people carelessly blurting out things they've been taught their whole lives.

Thus spake Mujun.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vox Popoli ( )
Date: October 24, 2013 02:45AM

Ah yes, when intolerance meets stupidity, MORmONISM is so often the result isn't it?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 24, 2013 08:28PM

Ugh - the problem with unpaid clergy is uneducated clergy. The problem with paid seminary teachers is that while educated, they are also paid to come up with stupidity to validate the church's position on anything.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: October 24, 2013 08:40PM

Yes, or they lose their job.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 24, 2013 09:08PM

So good to see you again. I had a batshit crazy Institute teacher who would drive 60 miles to our little desert town twice a week and hold class for those of us attending the community college. He had all kinds of crazy theories on why Blacks couldn't be full-fledged members. One guy used to call him on his BS and I would be so embarrassed. Now I'd love to re-live that class.

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: October 24, 2013 11:17PM

Good to see you again. You have been missed.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: October 24, 2013 11:19PM

It seems strange that the PR face of TSCC is so different than that seen taught in the seminaries and Sunday school classes... They are presenting two faces, as it has always been.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.