Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 05:36AM

http://imgur.com/a/121jP

Poster Axeldc posted this now closed link. I thought that it was worth posting again.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1066754

Gawd, do I hate the bully Oaks. His disgraceful arrogance and veiled threat of excommunication to a member of his church are contemptible. In his own words it more important to be a "moral coward" than to do what one "thinks is right" because one of the self-declared "Lord's Anointed" will "disapprove".

Hypocrite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 06:45AM by No Mo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 06:28AM

Oak's behavior is a good example of why it's never a good idea to join up with a "church" that collects too much information on members and is generally intrusive.

Most people would call this a cult and realize such tactics are associated with totalitarian governments.

America can thank its lucky stars that Mormonism never found much acceptance among clear thinking people.
Smart people avoided it then and now.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 10:01AM

The FBI, NSA and all kinds of secretive government agencies are filled with Mobots.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 10:56AM

We hear this a lot, but is there any documentation to show a disproportionate number of Mormons compared to the general population?

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 11:10AM

Yes, I'd like to see stats on it. I have some anecdotal experience to say it's probably not true. Perhaps the agencies recruit at BYU...but they also recruit heavily at GWU, JHU, and many, many others. So, I'm not sure I completely believe that.

However, even if it is true, there are other explanations than some Morg cabal. For instance, much as I hate Mormonism, young TBMs have never done drugs and haven't had run-ins with the law. Read about some of the problems the military--with similiar security requirements-- has finding candidates who aren't too fat, too uneducated, or plagued with "moral issues" (legal troubles).

But more related to the post, Oaks came across as an absolute arrogant ass. Damned cult.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 11:17AM

My TBM cuz lives in Utah.

He was fired from his job as a policeman in Calif.

He became a bodyguard for a VERY FAMOUS Hollyweird Celeb.

He moved to Utah and bodyguarded for the GAs for awhile.

Now he is FBI...

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 09:56AM

Here's an idea: let's all send letters of disapproval to Dal. We'll "flood" his office with mail.

And hopefully it'll get a mention in the next GC.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 10:10AM

utahstateagnostics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's an idea: let's all send letters of
> disapproval to Dal. We'll "flood" his office with
> mail.
>
> And hopefully it'll get a mention in the next GC.

I wish this site had a 'like' button. This is a great idea. These guys live in the bubble and have no idea what is happening outside their small, concocted world.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 10:35AM

Can be summed up by the good Dr. Suess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FFfbSWbLWw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Oak's response to a subordinate communicating the pain caused by his abuse of power is strangely similar to the tyrannical turtle in "Yertle the Turtle".

"You have no right to talk to the world's highest turtle."

Yertle the Turtle

I think we should send this book in mass to Oaks with his response to Kyle Pederson tucked into the page where Yertle tells the poor turtle at he bottom he has no right to speak to him. We could add notes like: You are just a man, and it is just a church,

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 11:40AM

Surely you mean the GREAT Dr. Suess...

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 12:25PM

Posted by: Erick ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 10:59AM

It was a dismissive letter by Oaks and nothing more. Frankly, I'm surprised he even responded. I wonder if Dallin H. Oaks sent a similar message to Jeffrey R. Holland when Holland likewise breached civil course in his talk about how members who leave the Church must do so crawling under the Book of Mormon? Obviously he didn't, he has no interest in "civil discourse". His letter was not an expression of principled views, rather it was his chess move.

Posted by: elciz ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 11:13AM

Sometimes it is best to just let the bad guy speak his mind. He can show himself to the world as what he is better than anybody else. He did a great job of bringing himself down to the level of the street shouter.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 01:41PM

images and some editorial privilege. The correspondence between Oaks and Pederson is converted to a pdf file in case the images disappear from IMGUR.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/correspondence/

Posted by: anon22 ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 01:50PM

such as Cougarboard don't think this letter is authentic. they believe that it is forgery.

Although many still agreed with what the so called Oak's letter stated, even though they think letter is a forgery.

And they think the person who posted this was out of line for writing a letter like this to Oaks, and a scumbag for posting the a letter (regardless if it is bogus or not) on the internet.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 02:02PM

The VERY reason I resigned my membership at LDS, Inc. is because I was ashamed for having made temple covenants that asked me to sell my soul to men like Oaks. More than leaving the church I wanted to have nothing to do with cultist covenants that take away your freedom of speech on any topic. No man can tell me what to say and what not to say. A letter from Oaks to me would probably state that I was going straight to the downward southern side with flames. The fact that a letter like that upset him enough to even reply shows his immense sensitivity when faced with the truth and his enormous ego.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 02:19PM

Just a comment on what RFM poster 'Leah' said

" Oak's behavior is a good example of why it's never a good idea to join up with a "church" that collects too much information on members and is generally intrusive."

And this church indoctrinates the members that the information they hold is all collected for the 'Book Of Life' that gets opened at the judgement seat!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 03:17PM

We're the turtle named Mac, and we have burped.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.