Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 03:16PM

AP - Washington DUH. C

Today congress was forced to suspend the 'Bill of Rights' sighting passage of a Gay Marriage ACT passed by the Senate and signed into law by President Obama this week.

"We really didn't have any choice." said Senator Orrin Hatch, "After the marriage act was passed, we had no other choice but to suspend everyone else's civil rights in every other matter. I'd give you my real opinion, but ya know, freedom of speech isn't allowed any more, even for me, a Senator."

I was about to write more, but I hear the cops outside banging on my door.

In related news, Mitt Romney announced plans to divorce his wife and marry the family dog.

Okay, I was trying to think of a parody of Oaks gay marriage thing leading to a loss of freedom, but it's just so ridiculous I was having a hard time being any more absurd than he is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pam 1977 ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 03:51PM

So, I'm not the only one who can't connect the dots as to how gay marriage rights imposes on religious freedoms?

I was discussing this with my son-in-law yesterday. He thinks that the issue is that in order for people to have freedom from religion means that he has to give up his freedom of religion. In other words, he can't pray by himself in public or mention anything religious in the presence of others or else he will be sued.

I think that is how the dots are getting connected for some people. It reminds me of the same logic being used to keep the ERA from being passed: if we have equal rights for women then that means we will have to share the bathroom with men.

The talk by Oaks has me so upset that I can't keep silent about it. I cannot help but complain.

Posted by: SilkRose (not logged in0 ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 03:58PM

damn funny :) and I hope you don't mind, but I'm totally stealing it for my FB status :)

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 05:19PM

Sorry, but if people are going to post it on their Facebook pages I thought the correction was in order. :D

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.