Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 05:58PM

It sounds like Kolob may have been discovered. A little hotter than Earth, so perhaps the same quaker like inhabitants that live on the sun and moon also reside there.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCI_ROCKY_PLANET?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-10-30-14-04-36

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 06:03PM

If God is such an amazing creator why did he make so many planets uninhabitable? Looking at the universe it is clear that it is not us puny humans that God loves, but rocks, and gas and fire. Lots and lots of fire! Oh, and blowing things up and slamming things into each other. Maybe God really is a man after all?

Posted by: an991 ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 07:02PM

Not uninhabitable, just uninhabitable by how we understand life to exist. It is possible that other species live there... oh wait that makes sense...

Posted by: Joseph Smith burns in Hell ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 06:14PM

Sorry, Nope, not what Joseph Smith described in the Book of Abraham Chap. 3:

3 And the Lord said unto me: These are the governing ones; and the name of the great one is Kolob, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest.

4 And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord’s time, according to the reckoning of Kolob.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCI_ROCKY_PLANET?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-10-30-14-04-36

Kepler-78b is located in the Cygnus constellation hundreds of light-years away. Incredibly, it orbits its sun every 8 1/2 hours, a mystery to astronomers who doubt it could have formed or moved that close to a star.

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 06:53PM

I once had a bishop explain to me that colob was a large ball of fire made of glass and no one would eat or feel anything (they would feed off of the spirit.) Yeah.. that's what I want; constant church for eternity. That sound much better than nature, food, and feelings. Heaven.. pft.. what a load of shit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.