Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nurshandstrengthen ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 04:21PM

A friend just posted this status on FB:

"is there anyone in the ward that is usually up by 8am on a Saturday that
could watch my kids while [husband] and I go help clean the church? it would
be a big help"

*sigh* Poor woman!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 04:54PM

if they don't want to put family first, have one parent stay home to be a parent while the one who drew the shorter straw goes to do the silly cleaning assignment.

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 05:06PM

Who wants to watch someone's brats on a Saturday morning.
Mormons are truly insane.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 10:57AM

The ward child molester, that's who.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 05:39PM

Everyone here brings their kids with them to clean. The kids are given menial jobs to do like wiping the exterior doors, or they just run around the building like crazy.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 05:53PM

Some day a bunch of people will get sick while cleaning for LDS Inc when some inexperienced person accidentally mixes the wrong chemicals and fumes fill the building.

Posted by: Moron I ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 12:15AM

Hmmm....I have always thought that we were one lawsuit short from cleaning the buildings....

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 05:43PM

Yeah, why deny the kids the blessings? ;)

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 06:54PM

She is probably hoping no one can watch them so she doesn't have to go

Posted by: hairfanatic ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 07:29PM

You have to be friends with my sister, because she posted that exact same thing. Everyone but me in my family is TBM, and she used to be the only other person who was inactive. But now they are completely back in. It makes me sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 07:38PM by hairfanatic.

Date: November 01, 2013 07:39PM

I think I know who you're talking about!

Date: November 01, 2013 07:40PM

And sorry if I offended you by copying/pasting your sister's status... :-/

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 07:45PM

I just have to say I love your nickname! I've said that phrase thousands of times in my life, but no more! ;)

Date: November 01, 2013 07:54PM

Haha!! Thanks! Every time I come on this site and see my screen name, I sing that song from Sons of Provo in my head... "Nourish and strengthen our bodies and do us the good that we need...to carry us through the rest of this day..." haha!!

Date: November 01, 2013 07:50PM

Its okay. I was thinking about posting it here too. LOL. I feel bad for her because they used to be inactive but started going back to church to get help with money and now they are TBM again. Its annoying because now I'm the only "black sheep".

Date: November 01, 2013 07:55PM

Well, hairfanatic, I would love to hear YOUR story! How did you become an exmo??

Date: November 01, 2013 08:07PM

I was uber-TBM as a teenager. I got married at nineteen in the temple to a guy who was in and out of activity. After we got married, I started to go inactive too, but I went in and out for awhile. Then I started going to college when I was about 26 and took an Ethics and Values class when I started to learn how to think for myself and realized I didn't really need religion.
Then when I found out about Prop 8 and the church's involvement in it, I was angry because I believed in marriage equality. I knew I didn't want to be a part of the church anymore for that reason. So I researched the internet about how to remove my name from the records (I had gotten a divorce and a guy I was chatting up told me about it), So I sent in my resignation. It wasn't until after the resignation that I started reading this board and finding out all the crap about the church. Then I knew I made the right decision. So really my education and Prop 8 initially led me out.

Date: November 01, 2013 08:21PM

Hmmm, interesting that you found out all the crap *after* you resigned! Thanks for sharing your story. :)

Posted by: ellenl ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 10:50PM

Your friend would let anyone in the ward babysit her kids?

That seems odd to me. Most people are particular about babysitters (must know the family well, come recommended by someone you trust, have experience, etc.).

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 11:12PM

LOL are you a nevermo ?

Don't you know that just about anyone in the wards can get stuck with doing hard time in the morg nurseries, or teaching the little kids?

NO background checks.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 11:25PM

And middle aged men who desire contact with children can let the bishop know. Nursery jobs are scorned by most members, and are easy to get.

If that sounds to you like a formula for trouble, you have advanced beyond Mormonism. Time to graduate and move on.

Posted by: ellenl ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 05:15AM

Yes, I'm a never-Mormon.

I just can't imagine having a cavalier attitude about babysitters.

Posted by: notloggedin ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 11:01AM

Well, also, she posted it as her facebook status so she is friends with people in her ward. Its not like she's asking strangers.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 05:35AM

"I'll watch your kids Saturday, and I'll watch them again, so you can take my turn cleaning the chapel on my saturday

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 01:26PM

This never ending cycle of watching friend's or family's children while members go visit teach, to the temple, canning, etc. etc. is a site to behold. Watching it unfold is enough to make you stay in bed for a month, so how do those who keep up the tempo not have a monthly nervous breakdown? When I was sort of going to mormoney church, this was all new to me. Did mormon moms not care that they were letting someone else raise their kids by spending so little time with them? The theme seemed to be, infact was even voiced, that if you do what Gawd calls you to do, your children will be watched over and protected,

I've lived enough years now (some would say too many) to see that a lot of trouble and heartache resulted from some parents I watched who were not around over and over again.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 04, 2013 10:25AM

If I was in the church my post would read.

Is there an enterprising member who would like to make 30 bucks taking my turn cleaning the church?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.