Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 04:46PM

About 5 years ago my EQ president accused me of being dishonest about my home teaching. He accused me of avoiding my companion. I told him that my companion never called, never knocked on my door, and never sent me an e-mail. He still accused me of lying. I told him if he were truly inspired, then the Spirit of God would have told him I was not lying (I was dead serious when I said this).
Because I told him that he was uninspired, I got stripped of my HT duties and all my callings. Because of this, I had no desire to go to church and became inactive. My oldest daughter kept on going every Sunday even though I wasn't going, her mom wasn't going, and her sibblings weren't going.
My wife would ask me to pick up my oldest daughter at the end of services. So, I would sit out in the car in my street clothes waiting for her. The EQ Pres. saw this and sent me an e-mail calling me out saying more or less that if I can come pick up my daughter I can come to priesthood.
Now, I guarantee you that if I quit going to church at my non-denominational church, and say for example decided to go to Mesquite where some other member just happened to see me, I would not get an e-mail from my Pastor or anyone else chiding me for not going to church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 04:58PM

Vent away! What a controlling a$$hat. I woud have answered that he is exersizing unrighteous dominion. And that you have your free agency and ascribe to the 11th article of faith. And then suggest he do the same!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.