Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 08:50PM

My mom resigned her membership in TSCC when I was out on my mission. I was never a trainer, District Leader, Zone Leader, Assistant to the President or anything higher than Senior companion. I never let it bother me either. I thought people who aspired for positions were superficial anyway, and so I never let it bother me. But now I'm starting to wonder if my mom's resignation had something to do with it. Is there any basis in my thinking this way?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 09:01PM

Did your MP or any of your comps know about your mom's resignation? If so, then it's possible, depending on your MP's attitude about such things.

My MP knew that my parents had been excommunicated (apparently my home stake president noted it on my mission application). The MP despised sister missionaries anyway, and made a couple of nasty remarks to me about my line being tainted (?). At the time I cried over it and felt like crap; nowadays I'd kick his ass.

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 09:18PM

Yeah, but that was because I didn't try to hide it from them. I sort of felt like it made me a rebel. :)

Posted by: an991 ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 09:03PM

I was senior comp once. It wasn't anything more than being a glorified Jr comp.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 09:06PM

I was never promoted to anything more than senior comp as well. Sometimes I thought something was wrong with me, but I was really glad to not have the bs responsibilities. What I really wanted to be was the car fleet manager. That was my dream job. Unfortunately though, those aspirations went unrealized. Oh well.!?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 09:11PM

My stepson was an AP for most of his mission. He didn't like it. He would have rather been out talking to people. He felt like he was trapped and nothing more than a personal servant. He did paper work and answered the phone. He got the job because he was the only one people could understand what he was saying over the phone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2013 09:12PM by madalice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.