Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cyn ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 12:55AM

Oh my gosh, I just finished watching a documentary called "Damned to Heaven" on the Documentary Channel. It was two hours of interviews with people down in Colorado City, Arizona--Warren Jeff's old hideout.

The evil that exists there, the sexual abuse of girls by males of all ages (including fathers, uncles, grandfathers and brothers) makes me physically sick.

All I could think while watching this horror is: "Joseph Smith, you brought this to the church. How could you say this evil portrays the mind of God? How DARE you put this disgusting practice of polygamy and its attendant fruits of molestation, rape, and denigration of woman into practice and call it God's will!" If I hear the word, Prophet, again, I think I'll throw up. I've got to get out of this church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 12:58AM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 12:59AM

Mormons harp about the fruits of Mormonism with such smug satisfaction forgetting that Colorado City is one of the fruits of Mormonism. Of course, they'd probably say that it's because the fundies didn't listen to a later prophet but polygamists are sure as hail following the original one. They are better fruits of Joseph Smith's work than the Salt Lake LDS are, that's for sure. Colorado City is a result of JOSEPH SMITH.

And even when I visit church with my TBM DH I will NOT sing Praise to the Man. I refuse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 01:00AM by CA girl.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 03:02AM

I could not support such evil in any way. I had to rescue my children, too. The decision to leave was a no-brainer, once I began to see the truth. It was like opening a can of worms, for several weeks, discovering one awful lie after another. I was so upset, I couldn't sleep.

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 11:19AM

I saw previews of it. Warren Jeffs' voice is just creepy. "Keep sweet no matter what."

Posted by: Dr. B (Buzzard Bait) ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 08:00PM

I do not live far from the site of the documentary and have seen every documentary on it. We have one of those that were abused in that city as a friend and the story of abuse and mind control programmed into these people is extreme. Rape, child abuse, beatings and taking children & families away and destroying individuals and families is a way of life there under Warren Jeffs. Our friend was in one of these documentaries. The individual still believes in Warren Jeffs in spite of having children taken away and being in brutal marriages and being beaten by the local cops on a regular basis. This individual has been banished for over 10 years, shunned and called all the names in the list of cuss and offensive words. The programming and Mind control exceeds all normal logic in so many of these individuals. This destroys their minds to think and their lives to escape this horrible system.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.