Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Grant Palmer Fan ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 09:55AM

For those that are interested, here is the audio from Grant Palmer’s lecture on November 6, about Joseph Smith’s First Vision and how it changed along with his views of God over the years. It was a great lecture.

http://www.hipcast.com/export/P582a1fbf045a5952cb512f99f7fe89cbYV57SlREYGBw.mp3

It was recorded from the audience but is pretty clear if you just turn it up. I’m posting it with the full knowledge & approval of Grant Palmer himself. It’s 1 hour 35 minutes long and about 90MB. When they post the video, if they don't also post the audio, I’ll extract the audio & post it for everyone to download. It’ll be a lot clearer than what can be recorded from the audience. They may post both.

Anyway, I hope this will help out those who couldn’t make it that night, until they can post the video(which should be great!) around Thanksgiving, as they’ve mentioned. Feel free to download and share it or the link, with as many people as you want.

Again, for those who missed it before, here’s the page on Mormon Think that has the complete outline of Grant's lecture:

http://mormonthink.com/grant12.htm

Enjoy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iris ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 02:16PM

Thanks for posting.

Posted by: newnamenephi ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 03:29PM

Awesome! I wish I could have attended. Was there a slide show along with the audio (like the exmo foundation conference)? If so, I might just wait for the video to come out. I like referencing the visual along with the audio.

Now, we just need the church to put out their official statement on why all these versions are in harmony with each other. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 03:29PM by newnamenephi.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 03:32PM

Thank you very much for posting this...

...and thank you very much for all of your very long and very hard work!!!

:-)

Posted by: Grant Palmer Fan ( )
Date: November 12, 2013 07:02PM

You're very welcome! Just glad I could post it for everyone & that so many are interested. Keep downloading & sharing it with anyone & everyone you can as we've had over 2,000 downloads already!

Grant Palmer was the person that probably helped me the most when I first left, after reading his book "An Insider's View of Mormon Origins" & listening to his interviews. It took great courage for him to do what he did, as he risked everything.

I saved his book for very last in my de-conversion process, as I was still clinging to The Book of Mormon, as it was all I had left to explain(I was 95% out) & I was actually afraid to read Insider's View, knowing what the consequences would certainly be. Grant's book quickly & easily took care of that last problem for me & I was then completely free but also suffering greatly.

I don't care what Grant personally believes now(that's a different, unique, personal & evolving process for everyone), but his work in exposing the Mormon fraud & lies, especially Joseph Smith, is very detailed, impeccable & meticulous & has helped countless thousands to find freedom from the Mormon cult.

What always stood out to me, was when he stated in one interview that discovering the fraud of Mormonism, was even more painful to him that going through Chemo & he of course had now been through both. That's a pretty powerful statement to make!

At the time I heard him say that, I was suffering greatly from my loss & it helped me to know that I wasn't alone in my pain & suffering. Sometimes you feel all alone when leaving the Mormon cult, especially when you lose most family & friends in the process of leaving. It is devastating! I know many of you can relate to that.

THANKS GRANT!

I'm just glad Grant's still actively researching & giving great lectures like this one & helping us all these years later, as he continues to passionately expose even more details of the Mormon fraud.

Oh & Tevai..Thanks very much & you're very welcome!;)

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 08:28PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1079328

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 08:29PM by steve benson.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 11:15PM

Thanks for posting this!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.