Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 12:51PM

I get quite a kick out of Facebook posts sometimes. In fact I stay connected to some of the mormons and Evangelicals who don't post nasty things directly to me just because some of the posts and memes are so funny, not to mention the comments their equally funny friends post back.

But I'm noticing a trend. The Christians will just post anti-Obama stuff. I have never once seen any reference to Romney in their posts. They will post meme quotes by tea baggers but Romney isn't on their radar.

However, I'm seeing so many Romney memes and comments by Mormons. I'll click on the person they shared it from and the hundred other people who shared it. All Mormons. But today I saw the best post. The guy said ALL the trouble in the world (not country, but world) is God letting us know that when HE provides an Elder of Israel to fix things and Satan provides the anti-christ, we'd better pay attention to which side we pick. Bwahahaha.

Love how they are still crying about their precious mormon moment having been completely laid to rest. And they better check with Pat Robertson, because I'm pretty sure all the world's troubles are because of the gays. Oh yeah, one mormon wrote that if Romney had been elected we would not have seen the overturn of DADT and DOMA. Ok, I give him that one. He's right. Thanks for reminding us why his defeat was so important.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 01:22PM

And Anne Romney thinks so too. She commented that we wouldn't have experienced a government shutdown if her husband had been elected, because he would have gotten rid of the Affordable Care Act right away. So everything would have been fine!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 01:32PM

Yep. It wouldda been. Mormon women could still get Medicaid to have all the babies they don't need. Where are our priorities.

Posted by: josephsmyth ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 04:21PM

Thank goodness for the NONE's who helped prevent the brainwashed doomsday CULT leader from becoming the most powerful man on the planet.
The world really dodged a bullet.
I think he would have kicked off WWIII by over reacting to Syria/Iran.
Make no mistake about it, Nobody wants to destroy the dome of the rock and replace it with a Temple more than the Mormons, except the Jews. Either one would touch off WWIII.

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 04:37PM

Though, to their credit, the Israeli Jews have been in the neighborhood with the means to do just that, and so far we only hear rumblings of WWIII every few years, but no actual WWIII yet.

Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 01:29PM

This reminds me of how every week there is one vote for BYU football to be in the top 25. Oh gee that sportswriter is NOT from Deseret News. :-/

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 01:34PM

The satisfaction of seeing a black guy defeat a mormon - it was deep. One giant FU.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 04:14PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 05:31PM

why are you calling him a black guy ?
He's just as much white as he is black.
Why is black the automatic default ?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 06:00PM

Because hiphop is cooler than rock.

Everybody knows that.

Ana

Date: November 16, 2013 06:06PM

May I point to the fact that world leaders consult the pope?

What world leader consults Monson?

And for all the prognostications of world domination made in the 70's and 80's, the geometric progression charts of membership going through the roof....it is all ending in whimper of ads on Google sniveling, "I am a regular guy, and I'm Mormon.

HAHAHAHA I cannot TELL you how much I am enjoying the whole thing--the running of Romney for president and the whole world seeing his rich-ass dufus persona.

You cannot make this stuff up. Romney was lampooned so wonderfully on SNL, I get goosebumps just remembering it. Between him and Sarah Palin. Oh, if only they could have been lumped together into one big bus traveling across the country--it could have been named "The Loose Canons" and they could have a daily TV show called "The Debacle a Day Club."

Anagrammy

Posted by: I believed this all, once... ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 06:12PM

+1,000

Date: November 17, 2013 01:52AM

Next we'll be hearing he secretly prayed not to win...

because Jesus appeared to him.

Anagrammy

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 07:43PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why are you calling him a black guy ?
> He's just as much white as he is black.
> Why is black the automatic default ?

do you think thats how the police would describe him if they pulled him over?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 09:25PM

I rest my case

Posted by: wideawake ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 07:04PM

+1

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 01:35PM

Confirms what we know.

Date: November 16, 2013 02:47PM

Yeppers. My southern TBM relatives are waiting glumly for the Big Doom. They just can not see how a tall, white, rich, priesthood-holding man was not an easy winner of the recent election.

I was driving through South Carolina and saw a bllboard headlined "How can God not Judge Us?" with a picture of America beneath. Apparently abortion & gays will end us all. *cough*

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 02:52PM

My BIL posted one the other day that I almost responded to

"If I had a president, he'd look like Mitt Romney"

GAG!!!! What a repugnant thing to say! In the end I decided not to cause a flame war, but I just about vomited all over my keyboard at that one.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 03:00PM

zarahemlatowndrunk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> "If I had a president, he'd look like Mitt
> Romney"
>

This actually made me chuckle!

Date: November 16, 2013 03:53PM

I salute your restraint.

When the campaign started, I recieved an email from one of my TBM relatives. The very first point it made was how good-looking Mittens and Egg were. The second point was how rich they were, and that he made that money "all by himself".

I sent back a reply about the equivalent of a pail of cold water; mentioning the treatment of his dog, among other things, and they did not bother to reply to the points my email made.

TBMs just do not see how plastic they look to the non-TBM world. In fact, the perfect sheen of plastic is their ideal.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 09:18PM

"Egg"!!!

Lolz!

Her? Really?

Love that show.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 03:00PM

Elohim is such a wimpy, flaccid deity. He must have a very small penis. What kind if god can't steal a US Presidential Election? Maybe Mormons should start worshipping Joseph Kennedy.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 04:23PM

lol!

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 03:24PM

"What kind if god can't steal a US Presidential Election?"

Exactly, Guess it was not Gods will. So why the Mormons fussing? This was my response when my ex starting fussing about M.R. not being elected.

She had no comment to that..

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 09:12PM

Ha! Right. And his blond bitch wife didn't want to be First Lady, either.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 09:39PM

LOL.

I'm so grateful I didn't have to suffer through that.

The Romney family: A Dynasty of Political Losers

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 04:48PM

Instead of buying 2% of Florida, if the brethren had any foresight, they would have emptied Utah and told mormons to move to Florida and other swing states. Let's not forget, Mittens didn't win his home state or that of his VP.

Loved the Kennedy comment by the way. Guess the pope has more pull then the mormon prophet. oops.

Posted by: Cantdoit ( )
Date: November 17, 2013 01:52AM

As an exmo atheist Romney's Mormonism bugged me greatly. With that being said Obama is a complete joke as a president IMO. I hate the political system in the states. Where canidates have to be an ass hat to gain enough support by their party to win. There's no such thing as doing what makes sense for the people. Just how to get reellected and gain support of special interest groups. This is coming from someone who is an independent and driven equally crazy by tea baggers and bleeding heart liberals. Something has got to give.

Posted by: GOD ( )
Date: November 17, 2013 03:21AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.