Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: November 19, 2013 05:11PM

This is an article on Yahoo today.

"Why Being a Mormon Makes Me Sympathetic to Tom Cruise"

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/why-being-mormon-makes-sympathetic-tom-cruise-160000154.html

"... as strange as Scientology seems to me and as happy as I am that Katie is out of it (if she wants to be), I feel a little bit sensitive for Tom Cruise. I'm a Mormon, yo. I'm sure that seems really strange to a lot of people. I don't and wouldn't equate the LDS faith with Scientology - they're not even close, I'd say."

I'm certain Tom Cruise doesn't think being a Scientologist is all that strange either, but then, this is part of the effect of being in a cult - a person comes to believe the strange things being taught are normal - perhaps even special.

Although this author attempts to distance her (strange) beliefs from those strange beliefs of Scientology, I find it interesting that on some level, she recognizes that her beliefs are strange. I would also say that despite the vast differences the author claims exist between Scientology and Mormonism, there are several more similarities (more than the author would care to admit) between the 2 religions than just having strange beliefs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: November 19, 2013 06:55PM

My last boss is a very high level ranking Scientologist and close friends of Tom Cruise. When I interviewed to work for him it came out that I grew up LDS and he perked up when I said it. I'm sure that is why he hired me.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: November 19, 2013 06:56PM

Did he display any weirdness while he was your boss?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.