Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 11:38PM

My SIL and I went shopping...her sis was marrying and she mentioned she's going to buy a nicer veil for her, one that doesn't tie at the chin.

so, they changed temple clothes to make them more attractive?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 11:44PM

It's been about 10 years since I've been temple clothes shopping, but even then they had ones that had a clear "comb" on the front that slid back into the hair to hold it in place. They really only worked well for women with thicker hair where it wouldn't slide out; those combs aren't really meant to go into that part of the hair and hold.

Here's a picture of the type of comb I'm talking about, for those who might not be familiar with girl hair care. http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/msHFuJiI1ncaYrvGJdmSJ_Q.jpg

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 12:06PM

I haven't been to the temple in over a decade either but it seemed, even then, that if you had the money you could buy nicer dresses, robes, slipper everything. They say dressing all in white is a great equalizer but money will still buy you something that stands out.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 12:22PM

It's been over 2 years since I went to the temple, but I have friends who are temple workers and they have not mentioned a new type of veil. They mention everything else (they don't know I'm out) so it would be strange that they wouldn't mention that. They know that I hate the temple veil. Tying that bow under my chin always made me feel like I was being strangled.

I agree that there is a lot of comparing temple clothes in the temple. The temple workers, who don't have to wear all the extra junk, have lots of different outfits and often have them special made, so that they'll have something no one else has.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.