Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 02:29PM

Three weddings in my family this month.

1. This has been announced on Facebook, but you all may not have seen it. My second cousin, Sideon, (we discovered each other here on Rfm) and his long-time partner "eloped" to city hall earlier this month. They will have a reception next year. (Some of you Bay area folks may know them as Don and Scott.) I love both these guys and and happy for them. (And I hope I'm not being presumptuous in posting this without their permission.)

2. Young woman who went on mission to So Cal at age 19 came home after 6 months. She quickly became engaged to a recently returned missionary (full term) that she had known before his mission. (Sibling thinks it is suspicious, but I don't know enough about it to comment.) Well, it IS a temple marriage.

3. Young woman with overprotective mother who moved away from happy valley to a neighboring state. She announced her engagement on Facebook--as far as I can tell the first time she had mentioned him there. Parents are unenthusiastic but the happy couple are so cute! The two are getting married in family's home ward rather than temple. She is over the wall excited and ecstatic. I don't know if he is a member.

From long experience and observation I'm pretty sure #s 2 & 3 are too young to get married, but we know why they must marry. It will be interesting to watch what happens with them in the next few years. Unfortunately we can't attend either of these weddings or receptions--we'd already bought airline tickets for the holidays far away.

And--the same day #3 announced her engagement my never-ever MO g-son's live in girlfriend (several years) announced her engagement. She is also over-the moon ecstatic. They will marry in next year's wedding season.

I wish long years of happy life together for all of them, but I'm betting on #1 and my g-son for longevity of relationship.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.