Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BG ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 11:17PM

Unfortunately I don't have the mailing address for dear Sister Throatslitter, but I have been reading logs of missionary blogs from the country where I was a missionary. Several of them have their current mailing address on their blog that does not have to go through the mission home. I'm using the return address of my long dead mission president. I've picked out four to send some of my used books like Insiders View of Mormon Origins, No Man Knows My History, and a good video about the real translation of the scrolls that were used by Joseph Smith for the Book of Abraham.

I'm including a letter with the five most important reasons that lead me to decided the church was not what it claimed to be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 11:40PM

Why not just throw them in the trash yourself? It would be cheaper.

No missionary will ever read a page of those books. They will have come directly from Satan. Even if they wanted to, their comp will see them and make sure they're trashed and that the MP knows.

I understand the sentiment, but those are good books that could help someone who is actually questioning. One of my good friends was trying to deal with her former-bishop husband leaving and was questioning herself. The Palmer book was all it took. You never know when they could be put to real use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.